1 (edited by moginn 2017-01-02 15:43:45)

Topic: About suspending strange accounts

I only have 300 accounts with content, most of which have names (and emails) like "xivevigufa", "etecanako", "yevifudoz", which were probably created by bots. The content (often in Russian) is not apparently harmful, but I have doubts about it. I'd like to suspend them one by one, but I'm not sure if someone will complain if I do this. My question is, can I safely suspend accounts created by bots? Take note that a lot have visitors and hits.

2 (edited by fawkz 2017-01-03 03:41:28)

Re: About suspending strange accounts

Who is gonna complain? a Russian bot spammer who signed up to auto-create spam content against TOS?
Why would it be unsafe?
Why would you need to suspend them?

3 (edited by moginn 2017-01-03 06:46:01)

Why would you need to suspend them?

To avoid running into problems.

By the way, I've come across an account that it's not possible to suspend. I've changed its state to "Supended" but the website keeps active. What's happening here?

To avoid running into problems... with? why?

I've changed its state to "Supended" but the website keeps active. What's happening here?

It takes some time to change the status, re-check. Otherwise it is another bug.

Why are you using this stupid hostinger trash? Youhosting is dead and [REMOVED]

6 (edited by moginn 2017-01-04 13:07:23)

fawkz wrote:

I've changed its state to "Supended" but the website keeps active. What's happening here?

It takes some time to change the status, re-check. Otherwise it is another bug.

It's another bug, I'm sure. I've come across many accounts that, even when suspended, they are still online. I even deleted an account and, after that it is still online!