Re: YouHosting Community | New Board | Ideas and Suggestions Thread
Well, it's great to see how willing everyone is to contribute. The problem is that we've got a bunch of domains and websites running now and none are actually being used. Setting up a website is a lot easier than actually moving a community.
We need to agree on:
- What will it be called (and thus, what will be the domain name)?
- Who will own the domain?
- Who will host the website?
- Which forum software will we use?
There seems to be a lot of support for Vanilla Forums here so I think the last question.
As for the domain, we have a few submissions:
- hosters.cc and hosters.me (Eric)
- youtech101.com (Luigi442wii)
- free2site.com, 4free-hosting.com, iwww.in and 3www.biz (Ody)
- HostingRefugees.com (Rajesh)
- HostersLeague.com (myself)
Which of the domains above do you like? Which really stick out?
Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/6873052
As for the hosting, we've had a few people who've actively offered to host the forum and probably plenty more who could and would be happy to host it. However, we need someone who we can all trust to keep the forum going for many years (which means someone with a good track record of providing stable websites for a longer time). Who do you feel would be suitable for that?