Re: YouHosting Community | New Board | Ideas and Suggestions Thread

I own them both already. Let me know if either works.

27 (edited by Ody 2016-02-18 04:50:11)

I agree with that Idea to create our own forum!
We know each other since some years know so it's good to start it,
This can start only from old members which we can trust.
The tree can be one main admin and 2 to 4 as moderators
I propose as main admin Hans which never left this one forum and why we all trust him and never try to sell anything to any of us.
As moderators can be members who would like to be and hans can accept them or not, also we can have some kind of board so to vote? for a moderator etc.
Most of us we have hosting solution and many domains so to give access for this forum creation
if there is no any solution I have some no in use Top TLD domains and I don't have any problem to give it as for our forum, as for hosting also I can give a solution.
YH is dead so let's go somewhere else !!!!!
Our forum it was one of the most great one but YH get us all down!!!!!

FreeResellers.net
NO Setup Fee - Or Any Deposit - Or Monthly Cost
New Forum!

28 (edited by Hans 2016-02-18 14:39:20)

I've merged both forum discussions into one. Sorry for the mess.

Also, I'd like to thank and welcome back KnownSyntax, eindustries, Tavoid, Eric and Ody. I'm very happy to see that even though most of you haven't posted that much recently you're still a part of this community and would like to see it live beyond YouHosting.

Ody wrote:

I propose as main admin Hans which never left this one forum and why we all trust him and never try to sell anything to any of us.
As moderators can be members who would like to be and hans can accept them or not, also we can have some kind of board so to vote? for a moderator etc.

Thank you for your trust in me.

I'm also happy to help in any way I can. I'd also be happy to host the forum and maintain it or supply the domain name.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

My offer for the domain/hosting/maintaince still stands as well. Just need to know what's wanted in terms of format (categorized, traditional forum /or/ something closer to Vanilla).

30 (edited by andreamada 2016-02-18 16:52:13)

I'm pleased and even surprised to see the overall interest and activity.
From my point of view the forum must be run by an experienced and mature person, not childless people like already showed in this thread by some members, that's why I would propose @Hans (TOP), @Tavoid or @Eric

There is a reason after all if they have been chosen as Moderators in the past.

Tavoid wrote:

I've personally always loved IP.Board big_smile, but XenForo or vBulletin are also nice options, depends on what the majority preffers.

Let me suggest you Xenforo, I've been using it for several months and it's perfect wink

Andrea Mada - Owner of HostMada
Check our services at https://hostmada.com

31 (edited by Luigi442wii 2016-02-18 17:57:16)

@andreamada Obviously not, what kind of a moron would employ any staff member under the age of 18 on a serious community?
Hans, Tavoid and Eric are already moderators on this forum, so would fit as the main staff on the new board.

Also the only 'child' on this forum happens to be me, everyone else on this community is over 18, so I don't understand where you say 'several members'. I don't mean to be nitpicking your post too far, though.

Sometimes I feel versions of XenForo are buggy, but in general seems to be as a member of several communities running XenForo, a VERY pretty and feature-packed, professional package which could work for just about any community.

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

Xenforo is a good product, but do we really need a commercial solution for a relatively small community?

I'm currently testing a couple of options, including Xenforo and MyBB.

33 (edited by andreamada 2016-02-18 18:28:34)

@Luigi I didn't mention you and I'm not accusing anyone, I apologize if it was the impression.
I was not talking about the age itself too but the mind and the way of posting constructive ideas that lead to a final decision and not useless ones.

Xenforo is really a good software, I use it and honestly it's my top choice as well as IP.Board.
Woltab is growing and it's good as well, this is my own suggestion:

Xenforo
IP.Board
Woltab
vBulletin

Good luck guys with the new board wink

Eric wrote:

Xenforo is a good product, but do we really need a commercial solution for a relatively small community?

Yes if you want to create something stable, clean and professional by keeping away spammers as well.
You can even run with MyBB and upgrade later though, the second-hand licenses are cheap enough.

Andrea Mada - Owner of HostMada
Check our services at https://hostmada.com

@Eric: In case this community grows further than just us YH refugees, although the original purpose of the site is to move us.

@andreamada Okay smile it's the way you put it that I misinterpreted it sorry

So, which is better: This type of forum -or- this type of forum

First is more traditional, while the second may be better with how few users may be posting.

i am going to make it now, the frist thing I am thinking about is the domain name,I want to use a XYZ domain

i'll use a top domain

@htc2014 Woah, easy there. Take a minute to catch up on the rest of the thread.

For New Community Board 10$ my First donation.
Well its great idea.

@Eric Nice to see you again! Welcome back!

We should totally revive that old skype group to discuss about this new forum thingy. Also, it would be interesting to see what you've been up to tongue.

Previously Tavoid.
Shall you ever need help, don't hesitate to PM me.
Important: I DO NOT represent YouHosting or Hostinger in this forum. I'm just a moderator in here.

PM me your Skype ID and I'll start one.

(PunBot needs to die)
I'm not sure really. People appear to be returning and posting here for the sake of this thread, including you, so I think this site is going to grow from 5 or 6 users to about 20 rather quickly, there's probably about 20 people who are active in this forum, I think.
Then since the activity would rise so fast it would attract more members and more general popularity across not just the YH refugee community but maybe other groups of people, in which we can expand and do more with the board.
Sleeq is probably the bes freet MyBB theme out there imo.

If you like I offer
free2site.com maybe? it's good
4free-hosting.com not good
iwww.in ? (it's top)
3www.biz
I'll check what else I have not in use
all above I offer them it's for main use not for subdomain as free2site.com/forum
If you like them (hans) give me the ns entries, IPs and domain IP
I have also many as freereseller or free-reseller and I offer for our use .org TLD

FreeResellers.net
NO Setup Fee - Or Any Deposit - Or Monthly Cost
New Forum!

44 (edited by Rajesh Chauhan 2016-02-19 09:59:03)

I can sponsor domain name and hosting for it ... If you guys decided the name and other requirements let me know

I got the domain name HostingRefugees.com

Please let me know if its ok or I'll use it for other purpose

Lets decide on the domain name (better be .com/.net/.org) and forum software. buy that and set it up.
Let it be not related to youhosting or hosting24 or hostinger, Not even in the name.

Something like hostingforum, hostingmeet, webhostmeet.

As said before it should be done by someone who will not abandon it( Buying domain for atleast 5 years and webhost from a reputed company) and enough time to maintain it.

Also they should run without any commercial motive(No advertisements to their own services etc)

I can do it( domain/forum software decided by community and hostgator)

Eric wrote:

So, which is better: This type of forum -or- this type of forum

First is more traditional, while the second may be better with how few users may be posting.

I've become a fan of Vanilla forums for for smaller groups. I think that would suit this community well and it scales very well for mobile use which I think alot here use.

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

47 (edited by htc2014 2016-02-20 05:17:40)

a XYZ domain was registered,I also need hosting help,that' why I like to create one.
  one thing I want to mention is,I found that a few users signed up on my YH site and the Status became "Active",but I haven't tested by myself yet
  I have 3 hosting domain,one is with YH,another is byet (it seems like this one changed a lot recently,paid reseller hosting is available now),the third one I just purchased from  a great hosting company days ago.
  my xyz forum will be hosted on a Korean server,very fast
  the site will be up in 24 hrs from now

48 (edited by Luigi442wii 2016-02-20 11:30:32)

Okay, I think this is what we're going to do:

Name and Domain: Undecided yet
Forum Software: DEFINITELY Vanilla
Topic: Web Hosting, Technology

For all those that have bought a domain and it won't get selected, should we park the domains onto the site when it's launched or not?

My name on there will be Cammygirl192 with the same avatar.

htc2014 wrote:

a XYZ domain was registered,I also need hosting help,that' why I like to create one.
  one thing I want to mention is,I found that a few users signed up on my YH site and the Status became "Active",but I haven't tested by myself yet
  I have 3 hosting domain,one is with YH,another is byet (it seems like this one changed a lot recently,paid reseller hosting is available now),the third one I just purchased from  a great hosting company days ago.
  my xyz forum will be hosted on a Korean server,very fast
  the site will be up in 24 hrs from now

We already have too many offers, and don't really need any more. Let's work on what we have already.

There we go.

Also, I'm mostly leaning towards hosters.cc because Eric owns and hosts the site, it's a short name we won't forget and also he's already a mod here anyway so yeah.