Topic: OVH VPS?

Just wondering, has anyone tried the VPS at OVH?

Their cheapest option seems to be £2.99/month including VAT with 2GB of RAM and 10GB SSD, 2.4GhZ CPU and 1 vCore, although it doesn't seem to come with a domain.

I've seen VERY mixed reviews of this service and I'm unsure who to believe, what side?

I also want to know what their domains seem to be like (around £5.36/2years for a .uk domain), which I don't know anything else about.

Mostly I want to know about the actual servers themselves and what they're like to use.

Thanks.

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

2 (edited by rubenmdh 2016-01-31 08:14:58)

Re: OVH VPS?

I didn't try OVH VPS but I had one dedicated with them (Kimsufi). Overall is good, anyways, don't expect too much from their antiDDoS...

Cheers.

I'm back!

Shoot me a PM if you have any question!

What are the reviews mixed about? What good or bad things do they mention?

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

A lot of complaints about bad support and payment-related stuff, but good stuff about the server stabilty, mostly.
However I'm used to using community support.

Luigi442wii wrote:

A lot of complaints about bad support and payment-related stuff, but good stuff about the server stabilty, mostly.
However I'm used to using community support.

Obviously OVH has a lot of customers and they cannot give support like "how to install X thing" or things like that. I had a billing problem with them and they replied me in one day or less. Yeah, don't expect that kind of "helpful" support. Only for technical things.

Cheers.

I'm back!

I get a reply within 4 hours at the Canada location. Used it for a year and had no problems.

We have moved the community http://hosters.cc. I'll still pop in on here to see how things are going.

Thanks smile
I can ask the community how to install scripts etc. and use tickets for technical support and problems, which is fine so yeah.

Looks like it's something I will definitely consider.
I'm actually on the OVH community website just have zero posts, but once I can get their services I'll probably start posting stuff.

Look into installing a web panel that will do most of the work for you. I used Ajenti and was able to get alot of the work done without having to use the command line (besides installing it).

We have moved the community http://hosters.cc. I'll still pop in on here to see how things are going.

domkalan wrote:

Look into installing a web panel that will do most of the work for you. I used Ajenti and was able to get alot of the work done without having to use the command line (besides installing it).

I would prefer ispconfig, personally I think its more appropiated for hosting than ajenti.

Cheers.

I'm back!

I was a OVH customer. Their VPS are good but when I submit ticket, they take 3-5 days to reply, even if it is a very small issue.

Hostibox - Professional web agency

11 (edited by Muzaffar 2016-02-03 03:21:17)

I've been on the cheapest VPS plan for 7 months now and so far have no complaints to make. Customer Support replies within 2 hours max. Once I was unable to pay for a month due to problems with my card and the support representative kindly gave me a one week extension to make payment.  Experienced no (serious) downtime so far and highly recommend OVH if you're looking to start something.