Topic: 301 redirect old domain to a new domain without compromising SEO?

Hi Guys,

I want to 301 redirect old domain to a new domain name without compromising SEO; our Keywords are in good ranking. Please tell me how I can do this without losing keyword rankings.

Thanks!!

2 (edited by Hans 2015-11-03 09:04:57)

Re: 301 redirect old domain to a new domain without compromising SEO?

You already gave the answer: 301 redirect the old domain to the new domain. Just make sure that every page on the original site maps to a page with the same purpose on the new site. But if you're just moving the site (page structure stays the same) you only need to make sure the URL is left intact in the redirect.

AFAIK that's all you can really do and (again AFAIK) it shouldn't hurt your SEO.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Also inform Google webmaster about your change. Check out this link:
https://support.google.com/webmasters/a … 3633?hl=en

All for Webmasters - Webmasters for all!

If you came up with new site, everything has to start afresh!

Fhk wrote:

Quite the contrary. If you have a popular site but want to give it a new name, you should want (and should be able to) move to the new name without significantly hurting your reputation. It requires proper planning, but isn't impossible. You should look into it.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Hans wrote:
Fhk wrote:

Quite the contrary. If you have a popular site but want to give it a new name, you should want (and should be able to) move to the new name without significantly hurting your reputation. It requires proper planning, but isn't impossible. You should look into it.

I did not mean new name and domain, I meant if he had to build new website for the new domain he is redirecting to.