1 (edited by fawkz 2016-01-11 10:40:57)

Topic: FTP access is "temporally" disabled - 110 days and counting

From the past 2-3 days I had several tickets from customers complaining they cannot connect to FTP.
Today I can see up to 15 tickets about this issue.

This was the support answer:

FTP access is temporally disabled.

Yes, those 5 words and nothing else.
Well I guess it is not that "temporally".
Another great Youhosting update.

Anyone facing this too?

Re: FTP access is "temporally" disabled - 110 days and counting

fawkz wrote:

From the past 2-3 days I had several tickets from customers complaining they cannot connect to FTP.
Today I can see up to 15 tickets about this issue.

This was the support answer:

FTP access is temporally disabled.

Yes, those 5 words and nothing else.
Well I guess is not that "temporally".
Another great Youhosting update.

Anyone facing this too?

They are planning to shutdown all YH so they are not closing all all services directly so they are closing one by one.

I hope that's not true.

Qayamatraj20 wrote:

They are planning to shutdown all YH so they are not closing all all services directly so they are closing one by one.

Do you have any evidence for that beyond your own cynicism?

I submitted a ticket too and was told that it was because of "maintenance and server upgrades". Do you remember that a month ago, Fran came on here to tell FTP would be offline on Hostinger for about a week. It could be that the upgrades performed then are now being performed at YouHosting. That, I think, is more likely than YouHosting being dismantled.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

fawkz wrote:

Anyone facing this too?

I, too.

6 (edited by fvsegarra 2015-09-26 01:48:51)

Hi there,
Hostinger temporarily disabeled the FTP service on YouHosting in order to reduce YouHosting's server load.
This is a similar move to not allowing more YouHosting Reseller signups.
The aim of all of these is offering a better experience to the current YouHosting users.

What about the new daily users?

fvsegarra wrote:

Hi there,
Hostinger temporarily disabeled the FTP service on YouHosting in order to reduce YouHosting's server load.
The aim of all of these is offering a better experience to the current YouHosting users.

So, this block will stay in place until a permanent solution is found to keep load manageable? Because if that's the case, this could last for a very long time.

I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.

Just another move in deconstruction of youhosting. Email will probably be next. When will you all see the writing on the wall. I guess it's a better way to go out that the deadpool list...

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

Hello,
This will only last for a couple of weeks max.

According to support:

It could take up to 7 or more days. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Let's see.

Switch off the servers, load 0 instantly.

That would make no sense.

fvsegarra wrote:

Does switching off important features (like FTP) make sense? Does blocking signups completely? I doubt sense is really an important point here.

Hans wrote:
fvsegarra wrote:

Does switching off important features (like FTP) make sense? Does blocking signups completely? I doubt sense is really an important point here.

As you talk about the ftp service... Is it completely down or does webftp still work?

Team3 Webhosting - All rights reserved!
FREE individual homepages at Team3!
Try it today: Click here

All of these is done to provide a better server performance to the current users until the next big move.
On the other hand, File Manager is available.

fvsegarra wrote:

All of these is done to provide a better server performance to the current users until the next big move.
On the other hand, File Manager is available.

I thought that already. If the File Manager is up you dont have to worry I guess. Users can still manage their files and CMS systems can be installed through the autoinstaller.

Team3 Webhosting - All rights reserved!
FREE individual homepages at Team3!
Try it today: Click here

Well... I think this was my last straw. I't tired of all this unannounced changes to "better" the service.

We have moved the community http://hosters.cc. I'll still pop in on here to see how things are going.

And maybe someone knows when the end of these problems?

katrich.net - free hosting.

Simply forget. I decided to engage some friends to start a new project.

Hello,
The situation should be over within a week.

Could you please have the project maintainers of YouHosting atleast post an update on what is going to happen instead of us having to make up excuses and lie about what is happening to our clients. These unannounced decisions are hurting our business and then in return will hurt YouHosting when no more resellers use it because of this.

We have moved the community http://hosters.cc. I'll still pop in on here to see how things are going.

domkalan wrote:

Could you please have the project maintainers of YouHosting atleast post an update on what is going to happen instead of us having to make up excuses and lie about what is happening to our clients. These unannounced decisions are hurting our business and then in return will hurt YouHosting when no more resellers use it because of this.

That's probably the most frustrating thing of all: they don't inform us whatsoever. They take something offline? We have to learn from it from our clients, then ask what it is through a ticket. They fix something? You need to accidentally come across it.

I understand you. I encourage you to wait for a few months until you know the next move from YouHosting.
It's been like this since 2012.

fvsegarra wrote:

I understand you. I encourage you to wait for a few months until you know the next move from YouHosting.
It's been like this since 2012.

I understand that YouHosting will become active again in a few months but the point im trying to stress here is the random updates are effecting us more than you guys seem to realize. We need some kind of communication method between us and the YouHosting team right now so we can inform our clients in advance. Alot of us are loosing clients due to the random tjings going on. If we don't have clients we have no point in running a reseller. If there are no resellers YouHosting has no clients making it pointless to make an update. Don't take it personal, this entire message is more aimed at Hostinger.