Topic: Can too much SEO be a cause of over optimization?

Hello Guys,

I read somewhere that if we do too much SEO, then it can be a cause over-optimization and rank can be down. Now I wanna know from all of you, is that true? And how can we avoid over optimization.

Please suggest me.

Re: Can too much SEO be a cause of over optimization?

Yes.If you over optimize your website then your rank will get low.Because people do keyword stuffing ,link spamming and many other things to get the best rank.Now everything has a limit.
http://singlegrain.com/blog-posts/searc … -to-avoid/

Even 1FreeHosting did this on their client's websites (injecting code into site code) and their rank went down.
So yes, it is bad to make too much SEO, if Google knows you are trying to beat the system very far they do take it off.

But, funny enough, search 'cheap kitchens in UK' most of the top ones are the con £595 companies, and they have so many backlinks from kitchen spam, but Google never deranked them or anything, which is weird.

Make sure you do legitimate SEO for the best results. I don't know much about it or its techniques, but I know that, definitely.

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

All search engines change their algorithm, 1st they look for https sites then legal and known one with big traffic then the rest, SEO optimizing is the next one which they look in there
also system looks if you mention any owner as company-localization and then the keywords-description,
keywords was about 150 characters limits but now if your have less than 80 is better

FreeResellers.net
NO Setup Fee - Or Any Deposit - Or Monthly Cost
New Forum!

That explains why a hell of a load of websites use HTTPS or SSL/TLS for no reason, it's irritating.

Besides it is all personalised as Google/Bing/etc all spy on you but generally they are similar.

Luigi442wii wrote:

That explains why a hell of a load of websites use HTTPS or SSL/TLS for no reason, it's irritating.

Besides it is all personalised as Google/Bing/etc all spy on you but generally they are similar.

Depends. If the site has to take your info at one point and they use SSL that's a plus. At least you know you are secured from even that tiny bit of information.

u wot m8?
New Forum!

Makan wrote:
Luigi442wii wrote:

Depends. If the site has to take your info at one point and they use SSL that's a plus. At least you know you are secured from even that tiny bit of information.

I understand when it is that, because secure connections make sense if you're logging in to something, but when a simple site that doesn't need to use login data, uses it, that is annoying.

Luigi442wii wrote:

I understand when it is that, because secure connections make sense if you're logging in to something, but when a simple site that doesn't need to use login data, uses it, that is annoying.

Why is it annoying? How does it hurt you when, say, some random blog has SSL?

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Hans wrote:
Luigi442wii wrote:

Why is it annoying? How does it hurt you when, say, some random blog has SSL?

Sometimes the SSL validation takes fairly long. That could get annoing if you have it on every site.

Team3 Webhosting - All rights reserved!
FREE individual homepages at Team3!
Try it today: Click here