Topic: more features for vip and svip?

(perhaps, since YouHosting are the biggest idiots in the world when it comes to their own forum, this won't be answered)

Yes. With VIP you should get much more features than just inodes and a few extra 'features'. AND with SVIP, you should get much more than just a newsletter function.

I don't know what features, but taking away from the free plan is useless and doesn't make people want to upgrade to get a few things they 'lost'. It just will put them off YH...

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

Re: more features for vip and svip?

What I am looking for is server stability.Features don't matter if your clients always landing on error pages.

nAture wrote:

What I am looking for is server stability.Features don't matter if your clients always landing on error pages.

I second that. Extra features are pointless if your core product doesn't function up to spec. For me, the most important restriction in my business plans is the fact that YouHosting does not provide good hosting. I'm afraid to go out to market my hosting as I'm afraid I will be depicted as a liar and a cheat. I'm afraid to unite my users in fear of them turning against me.

I'd have no problem with giving up newsletters, client exports, domain registration, paid plans, VPS, SEO tools, statistics and ticket systems if that means I get hosting I can recommend to people. Hosting the way it was three years ago.

One particular SVIP feature I like though is the API. Sure, there are no known working implementations save for a few bits and bobs I open sourced, but if that system would be implemented properly it would open a lot of opportunities to supplement the functionality of YouHosting in many ways.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

I was referring to things other than server stability which is a must needed fix.

If YH implement a fix, it probably won't be for the free plan, most likely (even if they do use the same servers)...

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

5 (edited by Niksma 2015-08-12 20:12:02)

I don't care FREE VIP or sVIIP ! My business plan Youhosting complements, and not a priority.

A few years ago Youhosting was stable and I had VIP for a larger plan. Now Youhosting a bad hosting! The only thing that really well in it, it's free.

Beginner webmasters try to create their sites. They learn on Youhosting and then transferred their sites on a paid professional hosting (other platform).
For me it saves my money, and nerves.
I am opposed to improvements on Youhosting, because if it worked consistently, webmaster wouldn't use another platform professional hosting.

I sincerely thank the administration Youhosting and even Hostinger (although scold them here out of habit), for poor performance Youhosting! If they make a good free Youhosting, my business will be less successful.

Please, no improvements and stable performance! I feel good right now with you!

Russia is a friendship and reliable partnership!
The best partner program for all resellers in Russia - Lioo.ru *model White Label
Russian Free hosting with PHP, MySQL, no ads - 96host.ru

Niksma wrote:

I don't care FREE VIP or sVIIP ! My business plan Youhosting complements, and not a priority.

A few years ago Youhosting was stable and I had VIP for a larger plan. Now Youhosting a bad hosting! The only thing that really well in it, it's free.

Beginner webmasters try to create their sites. They learn on Youhosting and then transferred their sites on a paid professional hosting (other platform).
For me it saves my money, and nerves.
I am opposed to improvements on Youhosting, because if it worked consistently, webmaster wouldn't use another platform professional hosting.

I sincerely thank the administration Youhosting and even Hostinger (although scold them here out of habit), for poor performance Youhosting! If they make a good free Youhosting, my business will be less successful.

Thank you for sharing, it's a great example of how you don't need to have perfect hosting in order to run a business. People only need to figure out a way how to optimally use what they have.

I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.

In the freemium business model (that is used by many) , the free product should be considered as a trial of the premium, if people try this free hosting the chances of an upgrade is slim, they will simply find a new free host that actually works.

Free hosting at the beginning it was a way to promote your services and many well known hosting providers done that,
then came some reliable really free hosting providers as 000webhosting part of now-hostinger then came YH which was very good when it startswhich give us the option to be in hosting market under their services but in now days when some one see free hosting going away because of us and YH.

FreeResellers.net
NO Setup Fee - Or Any Deposit - Or Monthly Cost
New Forum!

Up-selling premium services by using youhosting as the initial free offering is almost impossible in today's market with the condition of youhosting services and will destroy your brands reputation. Clients spend a day or so messing with the free youhosting offering and quickly run away because they are led to believe that the premium services will be poorly managed just like the free services. I can see it being useful for closed market areas that are restricted to who they do business with but other than that, definitely no. The whole premise behind the freemium model is to give away accounts of your premium service with limited/small resource allocations. Expecting clients to experience youhosting services and then upgrade is a failing business model.

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

blackienl wrote:

Up-selling premium services by using youhosting as the initial free offering is almost impossible in today's market with the condition of youhosting services and will destroy your brands reputation. Clients spend a day or so messing with the free youhosting offering and quickly run away because they are led to believe that the premium services will be poorly managed just like the free services. I can see it being useful for closed market areas that are restricted to who they do business with but other than that, definitely no. The whole premise behind the freemium model is to give away accounts of your premium service with limited/small resource allocations. Expecting clients to experience youhosting services and then upgrade is a failing business model.

That.

Upgrade revenue is negligible if you're using YouHosting. The whole point of the Freemium business model is that it allows you to provide a "trial" of your premium hosting: it provides the same product, but restricted. YouHosting on the other hand motivates you to create massive free plans with a product which does not look anything like your average premium cPanel hosting or whatnot.

Another part is that you should be able to upgrade flexibly at any time. "Help, I've hit the limits, what now"? Just pay and your problem is solved right away. With YouHosting, an upgrader will have to migrate his files and databases manually, change his config files and e-mail cannot be migrated properly at all.

11 (edited by Ody 2015-08-23 06:13:54)

Hans is right, you will have missfunctions problems specially with manual way.

FreeResellers.net
NO Setup Fee - Or Any Deposit - Or Monthly Cost
New Forum!