1 (edited by Hans 2014-10-02 16:16:43)

Topic: YouHosting Community FAQ

I notice there are some questions which get asked a lot on the forums. That is why I decided to make a FAQ list of such questions. If people like this, it should get a sticky I think. If you find a question missing, please post it below so I can add it.

Q: I just signed up and I don't know what to do!
A: Start by browsing YouHosting.com so you know what kind of settings you have. Do things like configure hosting plans, setting up payment gateways and things like that. Dive into it and see what you can do. When you've configured you basic settings, you need to build a website. You can use one of YouHosting's templates by going to YouHosting.com -> Look and Feel -> Install Main Website. You will need basic knowledge of HTML and CSS to edit these templates, though. The CMS called Wordpress is also a common choice to easily make a website. Once the website has been set up, you need to integrate login and signup. Login can also be done from their respective pages, but signup needs to be done from your website. You can find everything you need at Look and Feel -> Client Sign Up Form. From this point on, everything should work. You should test your setup now as a client. Once that all works, you can fine tune your settings, add more features, tweak your website. The choice is yours.

Q: How can I integrate a register/order form with my website?
A: You can find a registration form (as well as various login forms and a public ticket form) in YouHosting.com -> Look & Feel -> Client Sign Up Form. You can simply copy-paste the form to your website, no further work required. But please make sure whatever CMS you're using doesn't convert the form to text, and with that break the form. Instructions for how to integrate a form properly with Wordpress are here.

Q: File Manager 1 and File Manager 2 don't work!
A: File Manager 1 and 2 have been disabled because of abuse. Fortunately, the not numbered file manager works fine for most accounts and if that doesn't, you can still manage your files over FTP. It's also recommended to disable File Manager 1 and 2 in all your feature sets to stop your clients from complaining about the file managers.

Q: I just added a new domain but I cannot see my site!
A: That's because the DNS for your domain most likely hasn't propagated yet. Depending on your networking setup, this can take upto 2 days to complete. To speed up this process, you can clear your browser cache and flush your DNS cache (Google it if you don't know how to do that). If you still cannot see the site, your ISP may be serving you cached DNS records. You can circumvent this by using Google Public DNS or OpenDNS as your home DNS provider.

Q: I just signed up and can't access my Control Panel!
A: This is because your nameservers have not been setup correctly yet. If you have already set the nameservers correctly, nameservers can take up to 48 hours to propagate. This means you should wait at least two days before asking questions about this. Is it still not visible after 48 hours? Clear your cache, flush your DNS and try again. Also, make sure you are using cpanel.yourdomain.com and not cpanel.main-hosting.com.

Q: How do I need to set up my nameservers so it works for YouHosting?
A: The easiest was it to go to your domain seller (registrar) and use the custom nameservers: ns1.main-hosting.com, ns2.main-hosting.com, ns3.main-hosting.com and ns4.main-hosting.com.

Q: Can I also use third-party nameservers (like Cloudflare)?
A: Yes you can. However, you need to make sure you copy ALL DNS records. Login to the control panel for you master domain and go to DNS Zone Editor. Then, copy everything you find there to you new DNS provider. Some DNS providers offer to automatically import DNS records, but don't forget to check them manually, these services generally miss a few. Important note: if you want clients to register subdomains from your master domain, you cannot use third-party DNS services. If you do that, the client's records won't be added to the DNS and the client's website will not work.

Q: How do I set up custom/child/private nameservers?
http://www.youhosting.com/en/kb/how-do- … ameservers

Q: Can I integrate Boxbilling with WHMCS/Boxbilling/any other billing system?
A: YouHosting currently has a BoxBilling integration module for YouHosting, but you need a YouHosting SuperVIP account and BoxBilling PRO license to use it.

Q: Why doesn't the Backup tool work?
A: Automatic file backups are being generated every two weeks and database backups every week. You can only make backups when your total disk usage is no more than 200MB. If you have to backup more than 200MB, you will have to make the backup manually using FTP. Also, if you are currently uploading/downloading files via FTP, the backup won't be generated either.

Q: Can I use SSL?
A: No, not on YouHosting. To use SSL, you need a dedicated IP, an IP which is only used by your domain/website. YouHosting does not offer us dedicated IPs, so we cannot use SSL.

Q: But YouHosting says they have 1000+ IP addresses to use!
A: Yes, but they distribute them evenly over all the clients and servers. YouHosting hosts hundreds of thousands of websites, so there will be many with the same IP.

Q: How do I put ads on client's websites?
A: Go to Configuration -> SEO Tools. Here you can enter ads code for different Hosting Plans. However this has been disabled for Free resellers with recent updates.

Q: How do I manage/change themes?
A: You can change your theme layout and style, enable or disable themes and change the default theme at YouHosting.com -> Look & Feel -> Control Panel Themes. You can change logos, names and backgrounds at YouHosting.com -> Look & Feel -> Logo/Footer/Colors.

Q: Can I change the 403 error page a user sees when his/her account is suspended?
A: No, you can't. YouHosting claims they will be blacklisted by major companies if they don't show a 403 error page.

Q: How do I change the icons in the Control Panel?
You can change the icons by editing the themes files, but the easiest way is by going to Look & Feel -> Control Panel Icons.

Q: How can I change the language of the Control Panel?
You can manage and modify your languages at Configuration -> Manage Languages. Some users have translated the Panel to their language, you can see a list here.

Q: Can you install cPanel/Softaculous/Scriptaculous/etc.?
A: No. YouHosting uses their in-house developed software which is generally incompatible with popular software.

Q: I cannot host my new gTLD!
A: As of now, YouHosting doesn't yet recognize the new gTLDs so you cannot host them. As to if or when they will be supported, in spring 2014 YouHosting said they would add support for them "soon", however specific release times are unkown at the time of writing.

Q: What's the Fake API for?
A: It's an API which should be telltale. If you don't know what an API is, what it's used for or why you should use it, just don't use it. The developer wmid32 invested a lot of time and effort which is greatly appreciated by those who do use it, so just stay away from his work if you don't want it.

Q: My site is down!
A: Youhosting provides reseller hosting intended for free hosting. As such, you get free hosting quality with free hosting uptime, which means you will see some downtime from time to time. And remember, even an admirable uptime of 99% still allows for 7.2 hours of downtime per month!

I hope this helps and if you find anything lacking, let me know!

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Re: YouHosting Community FAQ

Propagating takes up MAX 24 hours, not 48, but it is small error. smile

Q: Why i can't do my automatic backup?
A: You can do online backups only when all of files are less than 200 MB. If you have more files or they are big, You must do the backup manual.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram

Feel free to contact with me by Private Message or by mail kontakt.artix@gmail.com. I am the SuperVIP user, maybe I can help.

This is a good topic for those who are asking questions related to YH. Nice work Grendel!

Hpbf wrote:

A: You can do online backups only when all of files are less than 200 MB. If you have more files or they are big, You must do the backup manual.

Well, propagation usually doesn't take more than 24 hours, but I said 48 so people will hopefully be a bit more patient.

Also, I added your question (I slightly rephrased it, but the point is there).

I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.

5 (edited by aayush 2012-05-27 06:11:35)

Q. Where to place ad codes?

Go to Configuration -> SEO Tools
and then set ads for different hosting plans

Q: My clients get "No hosting plans found for this reseller"
A: If you've created hosting plans, they're probably disabled or invisible (which means only you can assign them). On the "Manage Hosting Plans", make sure buttons next to all available plans say "Disable" and "Visible".

P.S.: This should probably be sticky smile

I am trying to help with the above information, however I cannot be 100% sure it's 100% accurate. I apologise for any mistakes.
In the meantime, please check out 0AdsHost

Grendel, i am not good in English - if only YouHosting was the Polish site, i could write better. smile

Q (For SuperVIP): How to send newsletters?
A: You have to go to Configuration in panel and click on Newsletters. There you can write a message, setup some options and add it to queue - your newsletter will be sent next month.

Feel free to contact with me by Private Message or by mail kontakt.artix@gmail.com. I am the SuperVIP user, maybe I can help.

stiky for these

VIP User
E-mail: nuno@wehostu.net
MSN: suporte@wehostu.net
Feel free to add me or to e-mail me at any time wink

Yes, nice post indeed. I think it deserves a sticky myself! This can also be added in the rules, Users should  read this before posting in case their answer is already provided. Might I also add, Their are several other tutorials out there as well. Just might have to dig a little deeper tongue

10 (edited by Hans 2012-05-28 04:16:18)

Jordan wrote:

Yes, nice post indeed. I think it deserves a sticky myself! This can also be added in the rules, Users should  read this before posting in case their answer is already provided. Might I also add, Their are several other tutorials out there as well. Just might have to dig a little deeper tongue

Yeah, like I said: if you have made or know a tutorial, write it here so I can add it! But PunBB's search function is quite unpractical.

So, I googled a bit and have found a few more tutorials.

Hpbf wrote:

Grendel, i am not good in English - if only YouHosting was the Polish site, i could write better. smile

Q (For SuperVIP): How to send newsletters?
A: You have to go to Configuration in panel and click on Newsletters. There you can write a message, setup some options and add it to queue - your newsletter will be sent next month.

Well, it is a good question, but not one which is frequently asked. I'd say I'm quite active on the forum but I haven't seen anyone asking that question yet. Probably because the Newsletter feature is not the first thing you need and it is not available to every account.

11 (edited by Hans 2012-05-29 10:03:45)

I added two questions about SSL. Also, we will need a proper way of organizing these questions. I don't know how I will do that, so all good ideas are appreciated as usual!

I am pretty sure this will be appreciated but I'd prefer an official FAQ but you get what you get!

Problems than cannot be solved do not exist in this world.
formerly aer0 (changed December 2012) formerly Kipi (changed November 2013)

Thanks for making this FAQ smile

FWHGroup stats: Active accounts: 41974 | New accounts per day: 280
(Updated: 21/02/13)

This is too much helpful, thanks for this. smile

Earn money online! Join now and get $5 everyday!

The currently first question has been newly added.

the question regarding name servers needs updating since the NS4 nameservers ip address was changed

ns4.your-domain.com - 31.170.164.249

smile

neilb1 wrote:

the question regarding name servers needs updating since the NS4 nameservers ip address was changed

ns4.your-domain.com - 31.170.164.249

smile

Oh, yes, I completely forgot about it. I have updated it. Thanks.

wow great job bro smile

Q: What is the list of high-risk country ?

Well we have Nigeria, China, Morocco, Russia, India, Brazil, Vietnam, Egypt, Thailand, Taiwan, Philippines, Turkey.

great,basically common problems are included

kanowah wrote:

Q: What is the list of high-risk country ?

Well we have Nigeria, China, Morocco, Russia, India, Brazil, Vietnam, Egypt, Thailand, Taiwan, Philippines, Turkey.

Also there is Romania, and probably Spain too.

This is a good topic for those who are asking questions related to YH. Nice work Grendel! & u should add "IRAN" on your risk countries ... but i think i was better to delete all high risks ! specially iran too . because they are many good clients in iran + no abusing ...

Hpbf wrote:

Sometimes it can take upto 72hrs. We've few clients they faced the dns propagation issue for 3days.

saleh wrote:
Hpbf wrote:

Sometimes it can take upto 72hrs. We've few clients they faced the dns propagation issue for 3days.

That could be your ISP as well. ISPs may cache DNS for a long time, so even if the DNS of YH is properly updated, your ISP may still serve you outdated information.

Q: Can I also use third-party nameservers (like Cloudflare)?
A: Yes you can. However, you need to make sure you copy ALL DNS records. Login to the control panel for you master domain and go to DNS Zone Editor. Then, copy everything you find there to you new DNS provider. Some DNS providers offer to automatically import DNS records, but don't forget to check them manually, these services generally miss a few. Important note: if you want clients to register subdomains from your master domain, you cannot use third-party DNS services. If you do that, the client's records won't be added to the DNS and the client's website will not work.

It's not working. I tested it with my friends and it is not working, because resellers do not have a dedicated DNS servers. It's not working for mass-using (changing youhosting ns servers), but for each clients and your website - of course!

And request from me, it's a post wrote by i7Grendel in my topic:
Q: I see this error when I am installing the database: "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket...".
A: Go to your Control Panel -> DNS Zone Editor and create "mysql.yourdomain.com. CNAME mysql.main-hosting.com.". If that doesn't work, just tell the client to use mysql.main-hosting.com for now.