Topic: Server Stats Page

Basically, a pae for templates controlled by YouHosting that show what servers are available or down in the past hour or so.
It probably won't be added into the update, but who cares.

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

Re: Server Stats Page

Why would Hostinger do that? Then they would just be showing how many more of their servers are offline today.

u wot m8?
New Forum!

Makan wrote:

Why would Hostinger do that? Then they would just be showing how many more of their servers are offline today.

I mean, because resellers can get spammed tickets 'ooohhh this server is down' a lot, it might make it easier to have the server status page.
We could always try and attempt ourself.

4 (edited by Hans 2015-05-26 11:19:19)

Luigi442wii wrote:
Makan wrote:

I mean, because resellers can get spammed tickets 'ooohhh this server is down' a lot, it might make it easier to have the server status page.
We could always try and attempt ourself.

What makes you think people would even visit that page before whining? If I take the traffic on my KB as a baseline, I can pretty much guarantee that very few people will go to that page.

And even if people go to the page, then what? If the server is not down, they'll send a ticket saying "you are a bunch of liars because the status page says the server is up but my website is down". If the server is down, they'll send a ticket saying "your server is down, why haven't you fixed it yet".

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

5 (edited by Lewis 2015-05-26 11:20:51)

Makan wrote:

+1. I guess we could create one ourselves, but you can always tell what servers are off by your clients.

Edit:

Hans sums up everything.

Lewis wrote:
Makan wrote:

+1. I guess we could create one ourselves, but you can always tell what servers are off by your clients.

Edit:

Hans sums up everything.

To be fair, he has a good point.
We could just, if anyone reports servers are down, post a news update about it to the cPanel.

Close this, please.