Topic: BoxBilling free or VIP implementation

Hello,

I would like to implemement YH on my BoxBilling installation, but I need to upgrade to SVIP to use the "API" (Are you kidding me?)
That's really unfair.

What do you think about it?
Kind regards.

I'm back!

Shoot me a PM if you have any question!

Re: BoxBilling free or VIP implementation

rubenmdh wrote:

Hello,

I would like to implemement YH on my BoxBilling installation, but I need to upgrade to SVIP to use the "API" (Are you kidding me?)
That's really unfair.

Kind regards.

Why would you want BoxBilling. Instead of just the bad YouHosting. You have bad BoxBilling rubbed all over it too.

u wot m8?
New Forum!

Makan wrote:
rubenmdh wrote:

Hello,

That's really unfair.

Kind regards.

Why would you want BoxBilling. Instead of just the bad YouHosting. You have bad BoxBilling rubbed all over it too.

Because I think that WHMCS price is abusive for small bussiness.

Kind regards.

I'm back!

rubenmdh wrote:

Running a business takes investment. And $15 is nothing in that regard. No business of any size cares about spending that on a good billing system, only 13 year old hobbyists do.

rubenmdh wrote:

That's really unfair..

You get what your pay for. Take it or leave it, but don't whine about a few tenners.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

5 (edited by rubenmdh 2015-03-12 10:53:25)

Hans wrote:
rubenmdh wrote:

Running a business takes investment. And $15 is nothing in that regard. No business of any size cares about spending that on a good billing system, only 13 year old hobbyists do.

rubenmdh wrote:

That's really unfair..

You get what your pay for. Take it or leave it, but don't whine about a few tenners.

I was just giving my opinion, and $16 + Spanish VAT (21%) is elevating the price, and I would spend that $20 on better things than a billing system. Anyways, I prefer the Administration Board of BB, so, if you are letting me to leave BB, then I would do it.
Kind regards.

I'm back!

6 (edited by blackienl 2015-03-12 11:01:11)

Boxbilling may be free but it has issues. There are issues with the invoicing not executing properly and on time, which is a very important thing in business, lol. Not sure if these issues have been fix since it went open source but it rendered boxbilling useless for us when we started out a few years back.
   I echo what Hans has said. A small investment in a decent billing system is not an option but a requirement and is money well spent. WHMCS, Blesta or CleintExec will all serve you very well.
   We use Blesta and love it. For less than $8/month, it's a small price to pay.

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

7 (edited by Lewis 2015-03-12 12:22:05)

Are you looking to actually build a decent size business, like 1FH/2FH? You should definitely not be worrying about a couple bucks per month. If you either aren't willing or can't invest that amount into a billing system, use the default YH one.

Also, I wouldn't recommend BoxBilling. Like all free things, it has its share of flaws.

I don't like WHMCS by now. The last time I bought it the Admin Panel was a lot of different than the client area.
Anyways, at now BB meets my needs, if I need a better billing system I would buy it.

Kind regards.

I'm back!