Re: youhosting neew update

Lewis wrote:

Have they removed the statistics from the homepage before?

No.They never done that before.

52 (edited by Lewis 2015-02-21 08:33:31)

Re: youhosting neew update

nAture wrote:
Lewis wrote:

Have they removed the statistics from the homepage before?

No.They never done that before.

Which is why I think they'll actually release an update sooner or later this year, no matter how big or small.

Re: youhosting neew update

Lewis wrote:
nAture wrote:
Lewis wrote:

Have they removed the statistics from the homepage before?

No.They never done that before.

Which is why I think they'll actually release an update sooner or later this year, no matter how big or small.

Funny that I thought they said this last year. They could also update stuff here too, like allowing moderators to post server issues, to stop the 'server trouble' threads, and news.
Anyway, I hope they do update this service, because it seems they don't give a f... toss about the moaning about how bad the service is for both user and admin.

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

Re: youhosting neew update

We can already post about server issues. The problem is that we rely on our what we see (and by extension what our clients see) and that this is free hosting so stability issues are frequent. In other words, we would have to post a lot of late announcements and none of you benefit from it and none of us have the time for it.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Re: youhosting neew update

Hans wrote:

We can already post about server issues. The problem is that we rely on our what we see (and by extension what our clients see) and that this is free hosting so stability issues are frequent. In other words, we would have to post a lot of late announcements and none of you benefit from it and none of us have the time for it.

I didn't know. Actually I should have PM'd this.
Besides, maybe a PM notice about issues would work before they are published or something until admin gets out of his grave.

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

Re: youhosting neew update

Youhosting doesn't need announcements. Youhosting needs management and staff that are willing to actually work and fix issues that have developed. Even for the free hosting model, youhosting is very poor with respect to fixing issues. Servers down for 2 weeks or more is unacceptable under any business model. I still firmly believe youhosting has been abandoned and their actions just reinforce that more each week.

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

Re: youhosting neew update

Actually, I e-mailed a bit with the manager of YouHosting and he said that YouHosting would receive more attention later this year. And this is not the "I want you people off your back so I make empty promises" statement, this is for real.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Re: youhosting neew update

Hans wrote:

Actually, I e-mailed a bit with the manager of YouHosting and he said that YouHosting would receive more attention later this year. And this is not the "I want you people off your back so I make empty promises" statement, this is for real.

They have been giving that statement for a loooong time now, lol. It's not real until it happens. wink

The whole operation must be hurting at this point because it's easy to see their sales are way down. Wasn't so long ago that there would be new people coming here almost daily with questions and such after upgrading and so on. Now, those people show up a couple each month and even then, they are driven away once they see the facts about how the service really is.

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

Re: youhosting neew update

blackienl wrote:

They have been giving that statement for a loooong time now, lol. It's not real until it happens. wink

"They" being who exactly? The support monkeys just want to get people who they know they can't do anything for off their back. That's different from a manager saying something.

blackienl wrote:

The whole operation must be hurting at this point because it's easy to see their sales are way down. Wasn't so long ago that there would be new people coming here almost daily with questions and such after upgrading and so on. Now, those people show up a couple each month and even then, they are driven away once they see the facts about how the service really is.

"see the facts" or "scared away by other forum members who do nothing all day but bash YouHosting and scaring new users and tell them to go elsewhere"? Yeah, it's totally YouHosting's fault.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Re: youhosting neew update

Hans wrote:
blackienl wrote:

They have been giving that statement for a loooong time now, lol. It's not real until it happens. wink

"They" being who exactly? The support monkeys just want to get people who they know they can't do anything for off their back. That's different from a manager saying something.

blackienl wrote:

The whole operation must be hurting at this point because it's easy to see their sales are way down. Wasn't so long ago that there would be new people coming here almost daily with questions and such after upgrading and so on. Now, those people show up a couple each month and even then, they are driven away once they see the facts about how the service really is.

"see the facts" or "scared away by other forum members who do nothing all day but bash YouHosting and scaring new users and tell them to go elsewhere"? Yeah, it's totally YouHosting's fault.

By they, I mean youhosting and I guess, since I have never had any contact with any management other than conversations with a forum user named YouHosting on other forums, I do mean the support monkeys as they are the public representatives of Youhosting.
I do see some bashing here sure, but there are valid reasons behind it. I also see many members now clearly stating the facts of youhosting issues rather than the buttered up version that some of you guys would like new users to see. The "facts" are easy to see simply by reading the forums and seeing all the issues that resellers constantly have and watching to see if/when and how those issues are resolved. Please don't attempt to push the blame for new members being scared away on the members here. It certainly is youhosting's fault and not one other person or group. You can dance around this all you want but the mess that youhosting has turned into is their own fault for ignoring issues to such an extent that they have and continue to do. They deserve every bit of the horrible reputation they have garnered in the hosting industry and in turn, those that cover for them, enjoy the same reputation.

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

Re: youhosting neew update

I can see you point, but I do think that we have a different idea of "helping" new people.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Re: youhosting neew update

Yes,we definitely do. I tell it exactly how I see it and would like new people to understand exactly what they are getting into before they spend time, money and effort in a project that may or may not be suitable for their needs. You let them waste their resources and then tell them "It's free hosting, what do you expect?" and try to help them with workarounds when available. I was one of those new users a few years back and I wasted much time effort and money only to realize that the service is far from what it was advertised to be and certainly not what I wanted. I simply wanted to save others that hassle with blunt facts sooner rather than later. smile I'm about done with it now though as I see that not letting these users learn their lessons the hard way has led to an influx of child run hosting services in the real hosting market that is lowering the bar so to speak and devaluing the entire market. I'm seeing that it may be better to let them make their mistakes here before moving on...

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

Re: youhosting neew update

Makan wrote:
FaraUnID wrote:

YH last blog activity - December 2012
YH last tweet - August 2012
YH last activity on facebook - May 2011
Forum Admin last post - May 2014

Now that is what I call customer orientation!

Anyone is on the same page with me?

And funny how they are active on WHT but not on their own forum!

What is WHT ?

Re: youhosting neew update

Web Hosting Talk forums. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

Re: youhosting neew update

blackienl wrote:

... I'm about done with it now though as I see that not letting these users learn their lessons the hard way has led to an influx of child run hosting services in the real hosting market that is lowering the bar so to speak and devaluing the entire market. I'm seeing that it may be better to let them make their mistakes here before moving on...

Well, when I came here in 2011, I didn't even know what reseller hosting was (I signed up to YouHosting thinking it was a regular free hosting service, lol). I have learned a lot from this forum, from the people that have come and gone by and from the YouHosting service as well. I wouldn't really call YouHosting a "mistake". In fact, I would say it's one of the best things that could have ever happened to me. I have learned a lot during my time here and, in fact, I even consider YouHosting as a big factor in helping me realize what my passion is.

Previously Tavoid.
Shall you ever need help, don't hesitate to PM me.
Important: I DO NOT represent YouHosting or Hostinger in this forum. I'm just a moderator in here.

Re: youhosting neew update

Tavoid wrote:
blackienl wrote:

... I'm about done with it now though as I see that not letting these users learn their lessons the hard way has led to an influx of child run hosting services in the real hosting market that is lowering the bar so to speak and devaluing the entire market. I'm seeing that it may be better to let them make their mistakes here before moving on...

Well, when I came here in 2011, I didn't even know what reseller hosting was (I signed up to YouHosting thinking it was a regular free hosting service, lol). I have learned a lot from this forum, from the people that have come and gone by and from the YouHosting service as well. I wouldn't really call YouHosting a "mistake". In fact, I would say it's one of the best things that could have ever happened to me. I have learned a lot during my time here and, in fact, I even consider YouHosting as a big factor in helping me realize what my passion is.

I think that that's what YH is really best for, to be used as a stepping stone.

67 (edited by sonofman 2015-03-11 07:09:28)

Re: youhosting neew update

Well, been here for a while .. I choose to silently judge and pretend everything is fine ..
The last ticket i sent from YH was asking about the same upgrade and they said that they will update "soon" so its a matter of being patiently waiting and be grateful that we got all of this for "effin" free ..

Re: youhosting neew update

sonofman wrote:

Well, been here for a while .. I choose to silently judge and pretend everything is fine ..
The last ticket i sent from YH was asking about the same upgrade and they said that they will update "soon" so its a matter of being patiently waiting and be grateful that we got all of this for "effin" free ..

I am unsure what they can mean by soon. Soon can mean anything to YH.

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

Re: youhosting neew update

sonofman wrote:

Well, been here for a while .. I choose to silently judge and pretend everything is fine ..
The last ticket i sent from YH was asking about the same upgrade and they said that they will update "soon" so its a matter of being patiently waiting and be grateful that we got all of this for "effin" free ..

I have been on a YH reseller for years (Nixiweb).
No updates along that time, so... "Soon" can be soon or in months. Don't make yourself illusions.

Kind regards.

I'm back!

Shoot me a PM if you have any question!

Re: youhosting neew update

Soon can actually means in the next 3 - 4 years .. If ever ..

Re: youhosting neew update

I have discussed with the YouHosting manager and it's now certain that the entire YouHosting platform will be upgraded later this year (probably during the summer).

Re: youhosting neew update

Alec wrote:

I have discussed with the YouHosting manager and it's now certain that the entire YouHosting platform will be upgraded later this year (probably during the summer).

About time.

Just kidding. It's good to hear that YH will be having more attention.

Re: youhosting neew update

Alec wrote:

I have discussed with the YouHosting manager and it's now certain that the entire YouHosting platform will be upgraded later this year (probably during the summer).

Holy shit! An upgrade confirmed by a Hostinger employee!
Keep going like this yikes

Kind regards.

I'm back!

Shoot me a PM if you have any question!

Re: youhosting neew update

Alec wrote:

I have discussed with the YouHosting manager and it's now certain that the entire YouHosting platform will be upgraded later this year (probably during the summer).

That's a sign of good news!

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

Re: youhosting neew update

It is about time!
Thanks for the heads up.

Volunteer admin at 000webhost.com
http://OngETC.com - http://uHostETC.com