Topic: Response from YH support

Hello all. Just wanted to share this with you and get your feedback.

I sent YH a message about the way their service has been going downhill. Here's their response:

"Thank you for your feedback. Please contact us if you have further questions or remarks."

So, I took YH up on their offer "Please contact us if you have further questions or remarks."

I sent YH these questions:

Here are my further questions:

1. Has YH been abandoned?
2. Why should anyone give you money for reseller hosting when the service is so terrible?
3. What is YH doing to improve its server stability?
4. Why is YH sending Hostinger email promotions to free and paid resellers?
5. When is YH going to update its copy and paste forms from jquery v.1.6.1 to v. 1.11.1 or 2.1.1?
6. Why has YH become less white label?
7. What are the future plans for YH?

And here is YH's response.

Your hosting has not been abandoned. We are working on upgrading and updating servers to make them more stable and reliable. Our TOS do include a clause that allows us to send newsletters to your clients ("By signing up with YouHosting, you agree that your and all your clients emails are automatically added to our mailing list. YouHosting reserves a right to send 1 promotional email message every 6 months that can promote our affiliate products. "). We can't provide any exact time frames on any specific updates or upgrades. As for your question regarding white label, - can you please expand on why you think we have become less white label ?

How do think I should respond? Or should I just forget about it?

Re: Response from YH support

Your hosting has not been abandoned. We are working on upgrading and updating servers to make them more stable and reliable. Our TOS do include a clause that allows us to send newsletters to your clients ("By signing up with YouHosting, you agree that your and all your clients emails are automatically added to our mailing list. YouHosting reserves a right to send 1 promotional email message every 6 months that can promote our affiliate products. "). We can't provide any exact time frames on any specific updates or upgrades. As for your question regarding white label, - can you please expand on why you think we have become less white label ?

You TOS does not state anything about signing the promotional emails as the reseller which in some areas, would be considered illegal.
The promotional emails arrive in my spam folder alot more than once every 6 months. i see them some,times daily and at min each week.
Your promotional emails do not include any unsubscribe link which is considered spam and again, illegal in many areas.
White label goes out the window with all the redirects to hostinger and links in the auto-installer scripts installed on client sites.

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

They say it's not abandonware but:

1. When was last time admin or any YouHos(hi)ting interact with us here, on this forum?

2. When was last time they post something on YH blog?

3. When was last time they post something on facebook?

4. When was last time they tweet something?

You should ask them is they are aware of EU legislation when it comes about running e-mail marketing campaigns.

You can look it this way, you get free hosting to resell and YH get free contact for marketing.

Volunteer admin at 000webhost.com
http://OngETC.com - http://uHostETC.com

Or, you can look it this way: You invest time, money, knowledge and trust in a partnership with someone who will compete you and steal your customers.

chanh wrote:

You can look it this way, you get free hosting to resell and YH get free contact for marketing.

I don't think anyone here is complaining about the service as a free user. Free is free, take it or leave it. When you get into buying VIP/SVIP for upwards of $40/month, then is plenty to complain about. Resellers are not paying that money to be used as a marketing scheme for hostinger and they expect a better service and support than the free package.

|| N01B4ME ||
|| Never stop innovation || Don't be one of many, Be one of one ||
CYBER-SQUATTER = SCUMBAG

7 (edited by Luis973 2014-12-17 16:14:46)

Youhosting is doing illegal things like spam without unsubscribe link. We've been waiting a long time to see if they fix this, plus all server problems. Hopefully hang a new update shortly.