1 (edited by joemtynl 2014-04-26 16:17:13)

Topic: My opinion of YH

Greetings and Saludos from Mexico.

First, let me say that the people in this forum, especially Hans, Tavoid,  and a few others, have been really helpful to the other members. Using Han's search engine I have been able to find answers to most of my questions here.

Now, with that out of the way....

I've been using YH now for about 18 months or so. I went from free to VIP and have been a VIP client for about a year now. The support has been, well, sufficient. The answers tend to be curt and non-answers.

Example, I sent a support ticket about the redirecting of my clients to Hostinger :

ME: Why are my canceled accounts redirecting to Hostinger when I have a contract with Youhosting for white label service?
YH: We apologize for any inconveniences, unfortunately this can not be changed.

Regards,
Helpdesk Staff

In the forums it seems that yes it can be changed and no it can't be changed. I'm confused.

Regardless, this is YH breaking our agreement. This is very bad in my opinion.

The other comment is the difference in price between YH and Hostinger reseller packages. Hostinger offers unlimited reseller  for $24.84*/mo and YH is $39.95/month. This is unfair, is it not?

The "chiste"/irony/joke here is that I was about to upgrade to a paid SVIP YH account. Now I have my doubts. If YH is stealing my clients on redirects, why should I pay them after I worked to gain that client.

What about clients who want to install an SSL certificate. From what I read here, that's not allowed.

Overall, I'm worried about building out my hosting service based on these problems. i'd really like to stay with YH, but I can't depend on or trust YH at this time. I'll stay for now and see if these issues can be resolved. If they cannot be resolved, then it will be time to look for another reseller.

Re: My opinion of YH

Please look at the thread here: http://forum.youhosting.com/topic6821-e … uired.html

Forum resources: Rules | FAQ | ISP Issues | Free VIP | Language Packs | API | Themes

I've reset my error pages and clients are still redirected to Hostinger.

Anyways, support told me there's no solution, it can't be changed.

The custom redirect only work for VIP or above and if you are not using your main site on YH then you have to set the entire URL to each of the redirect.

Volunteer admin at 000webhost.com
http://OngETC.com - http://uHostETC.com

Regarding emails from Hostinger - it is on our TOS for 2 years now..:

http://www.youhosting.com/en/page/tos

By signing up with YouHosting, you agree that your and all your clients emails are automatically added to our mailing list. YouHosting reserves a right to send 1 promotional email message every 6 months that can promote our affiliate products. You and your clients may opt out of emails you receive from YouHosting by visiting unsubscribe link which is located at the footer of email.

YouHosting - A new Generation of Reseller Hosting!
Check out Knowledge Base, get status updates on @YouhostingLive and check our Blog.
http://www.youhosting.com

6 (edited by joemtynl 2014-07-28 10:59:24)

Update:

As you all know there were/are problems with server 19. A paid customer's site was down for over 4 days. He has since canceled his account and requested a refund which I provided. Other customers on that server are, understandably,  also threatening to leave.

I'm a paid VIP reseller. Due to problems with which I have no control that paid customer is gone. Since YH fails to provide refunds, I requested an upgrade to SVIP for a year at the VIP price. Lewis W. refused. (he was the chat agent)

I requested the YH owner's name and physical contact address. Again he refused to be transparent and provide said information. Why  is the owner hiding from his customers?

Am I being reasonable? Why isn't YH reaching out to keep their paying customers? Maybe it's time we start reporting this company to the local consumer protection agency. Here in Mexico it's PROFECO. Maybe this will motivate YH do treat us better.

admin wrote:

By signing up with YouHosting, you agree that your and all your clients emails are automatically added to our mailing list. YouHosting reserves a right to send 1 promotional email message every 6 months that can promote our affiliate products. You and your clients may opt out of emails you receive from YouHosting by visiting unsubscribe link which is located at the footer of email.

There is NO unsubscribe link in that email. The customer never requested an email from Hostinger and you're using my domain without my permission.

joemtynl wrote:
admin wrote:

There is NO unsubscribe link in that email. The customer never requested an email from Hostinger and you're using my domain without my permission.

Youhosting clearly explain in their Terms of service that they reserves right to send 1 promotional email.
It is your responsibility that before purchasing you read YouHosting TOS.
I think youhosting never doing wrong, if it is in their tos.

Regards,
Rahul Jain (Sunny)

9 (edited by joemtynl 2014-07-28 11:56:54)

hostkeeda wrote:
joemtynl wrote:
admin wrote:

Youhosting clearly explain in their Terms of service that they reserves right to send 1 promotional email.

Am email sent to the end user from Hostinger, that the end user never agreed to receive and with out an unsubscribe link, and using my domain in the signature without my permission, is SPAM regardless of what YH's TOS state.

From about.com: Spam is an email message that you did not ask for (the end user did not ask for the email sent by Hostinger) and do not want from somebody you do not know(the enduser does not know Hostinger), who wants to sell you something (and Hostinger wants to sell the enduser hostinger hosting).

joemtynl wrote:
hostkeeda wrote:
joemtynl wrote:

Am email sent to the end user from Hostinger, that the end user never agreed to receive and with out an unsubscribe link, and using my domain in the signature without my permission, is SPAM regardless of what YH's TOS state.

From about.com: Spam is an email message that you did not ask for (the end user did not ask for the email sent by Hostinger) and do not want from somebody you do not know(the enduser does not know Hostinger), who wants to sell you something (and Hostinger wants to sell the enduser hostinger hosting).

Your Signup on YouHosting means You are accepting all YH terms of conditions, that means you give your permission to Hostinger International ltd. for sending 1 promotional email.

Also it is your responsibilty that you include this line in your Terms & condition.

If your clients having problem with this promotional email then they can request to hostinger for removing his mail-id.
I have no problem with this promotional email because i gives free hosting more than Hostinger.

Regards,
Rahul Jain (Sunny)

Hola, joemtynl. I will have to agree with you here. There are some practices of YouHosting that I don't agree with, like the poor support given to premium members and the emails sent to premium resellers' clients (Yes, I know it's in the ToS, but admin once said that not a single email would ever be sent to VIP's or SVIP's clients). I mean, they are in their full right to deny support to free members, and to send email to free members' clients, but why do they have to do that to their premium clients? It's definitely not fair.

Those two things are pretty much the only issues I got with YouHosting. The service itself is extremely good and useful, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to start a free web hosting brand.

Extremely Off-Topic question: Are you by any chance from Monterrey, Nuevo León? smile

Previously Tavoid.
Shall you ever need help, don't hesitate to PM me.
Important: I DO NOT represent YouHosting or Hostinger in this forum. I'm just a moderator in here.

I hope YH update their TOS for SVIP Members, Because they pay $ 40 per month and it is not small amount.

Tavoid wrote:

Hola, joemtynl. I will have to agree with you here. There are some practices of YouHosting that I don't agree with, like the poor support given to premium members and the emails sent to premium resellers' clients (Yes, I know it's in the ToS, but admin once said that not a single email would ever be sent to VIP's or SVIP's clients). I mean, they are in their full right to deny support to free members, and to send email to free members' clients, but why do they have to do that to their premium clients? It's definitely not fair.

Those two things are pretty much the only issues I got with YouHosting. The service itself is extremely good and useful, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to start a free web hosting brand.

Extremely Off-Topic question: Are you by any chance from Monterrey, Nuevo León? smile

I  agree, YH should stop these practices and update their TOS. They need to improve their support to their paying resellers.

YH tos says that they send 1 promotional email in 6 months, Is it right ?
I think YH send more than 1 promotional email.

FreeWebHosting wrote:

Do you have proof for that?

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

FreeWebHosting wrote:

That's if you have signed up for more holsters that use Youhosting. I get around 14 because I signed up for them all.

u wot m8?
New Forum!

Hans wrote:
FreeWebHosting wrote:

Do you have proof for that?

At this time i deleted all hostinger mails.
I previously use 3owl.com & 2FreeHosting & 0Zed.
I received 2-3 mails in a month from Hostinger.
1 Mail for free hosting and others for Hostinger hosting discount offer etc.

Last week, I signed up with one of the hosts here who asked if anyone would test out his modded userpanel and I did, an hour later, I had 3 emilas from hostinger asking m to sign up with them. wht the hell?

FreeWebHosting wrote:

1 Mail for free hosting and others for Hostinger hosting discount offer etc.

Did you sign up to a Hostinger brand by any chance? To my knowledge, those e-mails are sent only to those who have already signed up.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

@Hans
You are right, Hostinger discount offers mails are sent only to those who have already signed up on Hostinger.

I already signup on Hotinger.in and i received mail for upgrade pacakage, 40 % discount etc.

I am not sure that i signup on hostinger.in or not.
But I sure that i have not any domains hosted at hostinger.

FreeWebHosting wrote:

Promotional emails are sent only for Hostinger clients.
It is normal.
Your mail is in Hostinger Client database. thus you got these mails.

2fhsolutions wrote:
FreeWebHosting wrote:

It is normal.

But i don't want to receive these emails, Is there is a way to stop these emails ?

FreeWebHosting wrote:
2fhsolutions wrote:
FreeWebHosting wrote:

It is normal.

But i don't want to receive these emails, Is there is a way to stop these emails ?

Yes, but you have to receive them once and then press the un subscribed link. Otherwise their is no way for the clients because when they sign up they agree to get these.

u wot m8?
New Forum!

UPDATE: 4 OCTOBER 2014

Greetings fellow YouHosters!

This is going to be a long update so, please, be patient.

On 23-09-2014 17:09:16 I sent this message to support. (Keep in mind that I'm a paying VIP reseller.):

This website xxxxxxxxx.com is not loading. I can't understand what the problem is. Can you fix it please?

Support Reply 23-09-2014 17:50:49:

Hello XXXXXXXX,

If your website is based on PHP, the most common reason for this problem is that you're missing a character somewhere. By simply leaving out a ' or } or ; somewhere, your PHP won't work. You don't get an error, you will simply get a blank screen.

1. PHP Error Reporting. You can learn a lot about what is going wrong from the error messages PHP gives you. If you aren't currently getting error messages, this tutorial http://php.about.com/od/troubleshooting … orting.htm shows you how to turn on PHP error reporting.

2. Test your code often. If you're testing each piece as you add it, then at least if you encounter this problem you know generally where to look for it... in whatever you just added or changed.

3. Try a color-coded editor. A lot of PHP editors (many even free) color code your PHP as you enter it. This helps you pick out lines that don't end, because you'll have large chunks of code in the same color. It's non-intrusive for those of us who prefer to code with no bells-and-whistles, but helpful when troubleshooting.

4. Comment it out. One way to isolate the problem is to comment out large chunks of your code. Start at the top, and comment out all but the first couple lines, then echo () a test message right above the comment. If it echos fine, then the problem is below. Move the start of your comment and your test echo downwards as you work through your document, until you find the problem.

My Reply 23-09-2014 18:22:02:

It's all html there is no php. (Support obviously never visited the page to verify the problem.)

There were more replies by me over the next few hours. Here they are:

1. I just uploaded the client's site's files to another shared server with another host to test it and it loads perfectly. The problem must be with YouHosting. Please fix it. This is a paying client!

2. (server19.XXXXXXXX.com) is not loading. It's just a blank screen.

I created a sub domain to test the files from the client's website. The sub-domain I created is xxxx.my_main_domain.com (server28.XXXXXXX.com)and it loads fine!

It seems the problem is with server 19! Please fix the problem!

Three days later a support reply (26-09-2014 01:23:35)

I am sorry for delay in responding to your request. The site XXXXXXX.com seems to be loading fine now. Do you still experience any issues with it ?

My Reply (28-09-2014):

The site is loading fine now because the user canceled his PAID account with me and moved to a BETTER hosting service. When I reported the site down, you never checked the type of site and gave a cut and paste response about .php when it was .html based website.

Now you note the site loads fine and you don't even check to see what servers the site is on. Yes it loads fine because it's no longer on YouHosting.

I've lost a paying client due to your lousy service and support. Maybe its time for a PAYPAL/credit card payment dispute over this whole fiasco known as YOUHOSTING.

Support's final reply (02-10-2014)

I am sorry for delay in responding to your request. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. We will take your complaint into consideration and make sure any such outages do not re-occur. Please do contact us if you have further questions or requests.

And what do all you fellow YouHosters think those further questions and requests should be?

Meanwhile, I've found a new reseller service and am in the process of working with the paying clients who remain to transfer them to the new stable servers.  Not sure what's going to happen to the free users/clients. I'm open to ideas.