UPDATE: 4 OCTOBER 2014
Greetings fellow YouHosters!
This is going to be a long update so, please, be patient.
On 23-09-2014 17:09:16 I sent this message to support. (Keep in mind that I'm a paying VIP reseller.):
This website xxxxxxxxx.com is not loading. I can't understand what the problem is. Can you fix it please?
Support Reply 23-09-2014 17:50:49:
If your website is based on PHP, the most common reason for this problem is that you're missing a character somewhere. By simply leaving out a ' or } or ; somewhere, your PHP won't work. You don't get an error, you will simply get a blank screen.
1. PHP Error Reporting. You can learn a lot about what is going wrong from the error messages PHP gives you. If you aren't currently getting error messages, this tutorial http://php.about.com/od/troubleshooting … orting.htm shows you how to turn on PHP error reporting.
2. Test your code often. If you're testing each piece as you add it, then at least if you encounter this problem you know generally where to look for it... in whatever you just added or changed.
3. Try a color-coded editor. A lot of PHP editors (many even free) color code your PHP as you enter it. This helps you pick out lines that don't end, because you'll have large chunks of code in the same color. It's non-intrusive for those of us who prefer to code with no bells-and-whistles, but helpful when troubleshooting.
4. Comment it out. One way to isolate the problem is to comment out large chunks of your code. Start at the top, and comment out all but the first couple lines, then echo () a test message right above the comment. If it echos fine, then the problem is below. Move the start of your comment and your test echo downwards as you work through your document, until you find the problem.
My Reply 23-09-2014 18:22:02:
It's all html there is no php. (Support obviously never visited the page to verify the problem.)
There were more replies by me over the next few hours. Here they are:
1. I just uploaded the client's site's files to another shared server with another host to test it and it loads perfectly. The problem must be with YouHosting. Please fix it. This is a paying client!
2. (server19.XXXXXXXX.com) is not loading. It's just a blank screen.
I created a sub domain to test the files from the client's website. The sub-domain I created is xxxx.my_main_domain.com (server28.XXXXXXX.com)and it loads fine!
It seems the problem is with server 19! Please fix the problem!
Three days later a support reply (26-09-2014 01:23:35)
I am sorry for delay in responding to your request. The site XXXXXXX.com seems to be loading fine now. Do you still experience any issues with it ?
My Reply (28-09-2014):
The site is loading fine now because the user canceled his PAID account with me and moved to a BETTER hosting service. When I reported the site down, you never checked the type of site and gave a cut and paste response about .php when it was .html based website.
Now you note the site loads fine and you don't even check to see what servers the site is on. Yes it loads fine because it's no longer on YouHosting.
I've lost a paying client due to your lousy service and support. Maybe its time for a PAYPAL/credit card payment dispute over this whole fiasco known as YOUHOSTING.
Support's final reply (02-10-2014)
I am sorry for delay in responding to your request. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. We will take your complaint into consideration and make sure any such outages do not re-occur. Please do contact us if you have further questions or requests.
And what do all you fellow YouHosters think those further questions and requests should be?
Meanwhile, I've found a new reseller service and am in the process of working with the paying clients who remain to transfer them to the new stable servers. Not sure what's going to happen to the free users/clients. I'm open to ideas.