Re: Error page redirect (action required)

Harry wrote:
ErrorDocument 404 /your404page.html

My 404 page is empty.I don't write anything there you can check http://shagor5.net/404.php

I am a student of all people of the world.
Need a free short subdomain and Link shortener just visit h4a.in | Stop redirect | Shagor5.net

ErrorDocument 404 /404.php
Forum resources: Rules | FAQ | ISP Issues | Free VIP | Language Packs | API | Themes

Harry wrote:

I don't understand.

Need a free short subdomain and Link shortener just visit h4a.in | Stop redirect | Shagor5.net

You will have to insert this into .htaccess

Shagor5 wrote:
Harry wrote:

I don't understand.

Write it in your .htaccess

When spaceships are flying through the universe...

alexbagirov wrote:
Shagor5 wrote:
Harry wrote:

I don't understand.

Write it in your .htaccess

What I write in .htaccess,can you give me an example?

Shagor5 wrote:

What I write in .htaccess,can you give me an example?

Forum resources: Rules | FAQ | ISP Issues | Free VIP | Language Packs | API | Themes

I am idiot so can't understand.

Create a .htaccess file and paste the code in.

Harry wrote:

Create a .htaccess file and paste the code in.

It's already completed.

And does it work?

Harry wrote:

And does it work?

My site show 500 internal error what happen?

Change it to

ErrorDocument 404 404.php

Harry wrote:

Change it to

ErrorDocument 404 404.php

Sorry I delet the file I will try it in my free time.Thank you for help me.Yesterday I saw in your profile N/A,now moderator.Congrates...

nAture wrote:
alexbagirov wrote:

I have edited my DNS, so all errors and cancelled accounts are not redirecting to Hostinger smile

Yes.It is an easy fix...

If you remove (or change) the wild card entry in the DNS pointing all subdomains to a non-youhosting IP address wouldn't that cause any client websites using your subdomains to fail to resolve?

ash wrote:
nAture wrote:
alexbagirov wrote:

I have edited my DNS, so all errors and cancelled accounts are not redirecting to Hostinger smile

Yes.It is an easy fix...

If you remove (or change) the wild card entry in the DNS pointing all subdomains to a non-youhosting IP address wouldn't that cause any client websites using your subdomains to fail to resolve?

No.My client sub domains are working fine.

nAture wrote:
ash wrote:
nAture wrote:

Yes.It is an easy fix...

Interesting. How is that even possible technically? Are the client sub domains on the same main Subdomain?

I do not see any problem technically

ash wrote:
nAture wrote:
ash wrote:

Interesting. How is that even possible technically? Are the client sub domains on the same main Subdomain?

You can do it yourself and see what is really happening. They are DNS records, not bombs.

ash wrote:

When a client's subdomain is created, a new set of DNS records will be created, invisible in the DNS Zone Editor of the master domain. Having the wildcard record has nothing to do with client subdomains, especially because that wildcard only points to one IP while all client websites use hundreds of IPs.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Maybe not but can somebody explain? My understanding is that if you put a wildcard Subdomain in your DNS records pointing to a different IP address from youhosting then all subdomains ex. someclientswebsite.yourdomain.com will point to that IP address which means that the YH server that is hosting the clients website never gets the http request.
What am I missing?

Hans wrote:
ash wrote:

When a client's subdomain is created, a new set of DNS records will be created, invisible in the DNS Zone Editor of the master domain. Having the wildcard record has nothing to do with client subdomains, especially because that wildcard only points to one IP while all client websites use hundreds of IPs.

Ahhh so that's the answer that I'm looking for. DNS resolution is explicit (but invisible in the YH DNS manager) and has nothing todo with wild cards. 

ash wrote:

Maybe not but can somebody explain? My understanding is that if you put a wildcard Subdomain in your DNS records pointing to a different IP address from youhosting then all subdomains ex. someclientswebsite.yourdomain.com will point to that IP address which means that the YH server that is hosting the clients website never gets the http request.
What am I missing?

IN DNS Editor, or any other area, * means 'wild card' which applies to all 'not defined' settings. Here as hans said, an invisible set of DNS records are created. So, wild card cannot apply to them.

The wildcard only applies to non-defined subdomains. Once someone registers with a subdomain, a new (invisible to you) record is created, which takes precedence over the wildcard.

Great answers. Thanks everyone but that raises the next question....those of you who are using cloudflare. How are you able to incorporate that? Because the whole concept of invisible DNS records seems proprietary to YH so it can't be imported in cloudflare nor can you add records as new clients register new websites (unless YH implements cloudfare's API, which I didn't think they did)

Or maybe you use cloudflare for the main domain only and you do not accept client subdomains on that main domain?