Re: "Suspended account"? Good bye, YouHosting!

These days, we tend to see more and more bad reviews coming out of users, perhaps its time that YH rethink their policy towards suspension of accounts. We need more people to use and applaud YH not debunk YH.

Cam Shots - Showcase of professional photographers and videographers.
Free Open Articles - Get unique articles updated daily.
Mobile Shots - A site for your unique mobile shots.

binil wrote:

These days, we tend to see more and more bad reviews coming out of users, perhaps its time that YH rethink their policy towards suspension of accounts. We need more people to use and applaud YH not debunk YH.

Agreed. Here are my top 5 things YH needs to fix...

1) Get better support for EVERYONE
2) Install/Improve DDoS protection for the servers. (The servers have been failing lately).
3) Non permanent suspension for resellers and client accounts are SUSPENDED FIRST, instead of imediately CANCELLED.
4) Fix some of the odd quirks and features in the Reseller & cpanel.
5) Finally get it out of Beta! 

Regards,
Matthew Stratford
Creator of BoxPanel V1.3 and Admin LTE themes.

m.stratford wrote:

2) Install/Improve DDoS protection for the servers. (The servers have been failing lately).

I don't think this is because of DDoS attacks, I think the problem is plain old server overloading. It has been months since YouHosting added new servers and the uptime has been declining since then. The servers are bursting at their seems, which is why they go down so often.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

m.stratford wrote:

1) Get better support for EVERYONE

eah and it's the most important thing they have to do.

If you ask only for information about the service . you get the well-known message :" the support is only for VIP/sVIP ...." . So don't even try to ask for help tongue

30 (edited by Dan425931 2013-12-29 14:22:22)

You know I just read over this whole forum topic, and I can believe how childish some people are!

I don't know about you but I am so grateful that YouHosting does the free VIP upgrade, and they give us OPTIONS on how we can get that free upgrade. Whether that be by refferals or forum posts, it's so awesome that they give us options on how we get that free upgrade!

I haven't seen too many other reseller companies that have any of those options! And if they do give you options you have to go through this vigorous process that takes forever! It's very easy and straight forward here at YouHosting.

Yes their suspend/canceling accounts is annoying for free users, but I was a free user for 2 years and I never had a problem. If your account is suspended or cancelled, all you have to do is email the YouHosting support staff and explain the situation and ask questions like "why?" "What can I do to resolve the issue?" "How can I prevent it from happening again?"

If you think about it, it's not hard to resolve issues here, yes the live chat is for VIP and SuperVIP only, but they always respond to emails, that's how I contacted them when I was a free user.

-Thanks,
Dan

I am sorry to hear your account to get suspended.

Like many people already said, free is not free from suspension.

YH gives you ways to protect your account from suspension but you didn't take the opportunities

Volunteer admin at 000webhost.com
http://OngETC.com - http://uHostETC.com

Dan425931 wrote:

Yes their suspend/canceling accounts is annoying for free users, but I was a free user for 2 years and I never had a problem. If your account is suspended or cancelled, all you have to do is email the YouHosting support staff and explain the situation and ask questions like "why?" "What can I do to resolve the issue?" "How can I prevent it from happening again?"

If you think about it, it's not hard to resolve issues here, yes the live chat is for VIP and SuperVIP only, but they always respond to emails, that's how I contacted them when I was a free user.

Thank you Dan for that comment. Your answer should help most of the free users out here. YH may take some time to respond to mail, but I am sure that they will respond.

Cam Shots - Showcase of professional photographers and videographers.
Free Open Articles - Get unique articles updated daily.
Mobile Shots - A site for your unique mobile shots.

Dan425931 wrote:

all you have to do is email the YouHosting support staff and explain the situation and ask questions like "why?" "What can I do to resolve the issue?" "How can I prevent it from happening again?"

1. Why account can be suspended without any reason? If you (company) are going to give some service and you have Terms of Service, why you can break your own Terms and suspend account without reasons mentions in this Terms?
2. Why do you think that nobody asks support? We do that, and answer what we get is "use VIP service". As for me, I'm not going to pay anything to company that promises one terms but gives another.

Thanks I need it.

NeoDim wrote:
Hans wrote:

Can you please point out the rule to me where it says they cannot suspend your for inactivity? I haven't been able to find it.

Yes, Terms of service, http://www.youhosting.com/en/page/tos

YouHosting allows to use the Free plan for unlimited time, so you should have enough time to evaluate the quality of our service before making the upgrade.

And could you find in this page any information about "account inactivity"?

Huston we’ve a problem in TOS as we are experiencing sudden data bursts and comms block. Hey ‘Odesa” kindly pay the international space station for docking or go dunk 150 quality holes at Mars. This free vs paid scenario reminds me of Aliens vs Predators. In event of power failure my aux is myownfreehost and yours?

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."
~ Albert Einstein

If you want to keep your account active you should try to get as many clients as you can.
In this way they will result active and your account won't be suspended wink

Andrea Mada - Owner of HostMada
Check our services at https://hostmada.com

In other words we are busy on the electronic frontier trying to master http://bit.ly/1kVeA8j and redirecting signups from one domain to another as a sustainable source of energy : )

“You are the embodiment of the information you choose to accept and act upon. To change your circumstances you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions.”
~ Adlin Sinclair

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."
~ Albert Einstein

Suspension Got like:
Your account was most likely suspended because you do not get any new clients for your hosting account and do not offer hosting for other people. YouHosting is made to offer free or paid hosting services for other people and not to host personal sites only.
If you need your account reactivated, please click on the link in the email sent to you and explain in detail the steps you are going to take in order to get your account active. If no valid explanation is received in 14 days, your account will be closed.

Why are we responding to a post that was last updated in January?

u wot m8?
New Forum!

because @nexuswall posted a thanks comment and made the topic active again.
For everyone else
As said earlier many times in the forum, the free account is good for learning purposes and we get to know a lot about YH. Its upto you to continue or to leave. Never use a free hosting reseller account to sell paid plans as you might end up with downtimes and paid clients wont like it

No one has ever become poor by giving.

Before.. about 1 and half year, the YouHosting stopped my account, because i not log in long time ago.. But i send only ONE mail, and after ONE day has open my account. I never haveproblem before with this.