Topic: STOP Hijacking threads!

This has been really annoying me recently.  I'm not looking at anyone in particular *sarcasm*

Hijacking a thread is when you post a new question in an already established thread. It takes focus away from the original poster's question.

If the above doesn't make sense, let me make this clear.

hey guys, i'm offering vps's for $0.50 with 1TB Ram

Someone else will then say:

Hey, I can offer you a vps with the same specs for $0.25!

If you can't find the answer after using the search function, then you can start a new thread. But never hijack someone else's.

If you know you've done something like that before, I suggest you stop.  Take a look at the forum rules: http://forum.youhosting.com/topic3635-f … es-v3.html
Look at #11 (Hijacking is spelt wrong, but you get it anyway)

Ta!
Alex

Re: STOP Hijacking threads!

Spelling error fixed. Good post by the way.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Hans wrote:

Spelling error fixed. Good post by the way.

Cheers, May I suggest sticky?

alexanderu wrote:

Cheers, May I suggest sticky?

Yes, why not? smile

Just to make it clear: I won't be tolerating thread hijacking anymore. So, don't even bother, the post will just get deleted and you will propably get a week ban, but that depends.

Previously Tavoid.
Shall you ever need help, don't hesitate to PM me.
Important: I DO NOT represent YouHosting or Hostinger in this forum. I'm just a moderator in here.

Thanks for Sticky.  A weekly ban possibly is a bit harsh... I was thinking maybe we could use an infraction system?

E.G

1 Hijack = Warning
2 Hijack = Ban for 24hrs
3 Hijacks = Ban for two days etc etc? 

alexanderu wrote:

Thanks for Sticky.  A weekly ban possibly is a bit harsh... I was thinking maybe we could use an infraction system?

E.G

1 Hijack = Warning
2 Hijack = Ban for 24hrs
3 Hijacks = Ban for two days etc etc?

That's why I said it will depend. If I see the user really did it by mistake or is new at the forums, I will just let it pass.

Previously Tavoid.
Shall you ever need help, don't hesitate to PM me.
Important: I DO NOT represent YouHosting or Hostinger in this forum. I'm just a moderator in here.

Agreed. Hopefully this message gets through to the members

Good post.

CliQ Hosting - www.cliqhosting.com - Affordable and Reliable High Performance Solutions Hosting | Chief Editor: www.9javibes.com

i think people tend to hijack thread because they think that if an advanced member have posted a topic he can have views & then many people can help .... on a second thought they are just TOO LAZY to start their own topics.
http://policelink.monster.com/nfs/policelink/photos/0238/1129/thread_direction_max600.gif
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/attachments/florida/107554d1353838545-creeks-back-hijack.gif

Hi, I think I may have done this once.... I thought my question was very similar to the one that was asked in the thread...Maybe just always start a new one??

Thanks