Re: [TUTORIAL] Host your main site on a different server

Will this work if I change the IP to a shared web hosting account's IP?
I tried that some time ago but it didn't work. Does it only work on VPS and Dedicated? Or...

IHOST! wrote:

Will this work if I change the IP to a shared web hosting account's IP?
I tried that some time ago but it didn't work. Does it only work on VPS and Dedicated? Or...

As long as that IP address can output your website if you point your domain to it, this tutorial can work for you. A proper shared hosting account is a great and cost effective choice if you need to get better performance on a small website.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

These things are permissible? If that's really great, thank Hans!

79 (edited by EasyAsPie 2014-01-25 06:38:07)

zihang wrote:

These things are permissible? If that's really great, thank Hans!

If you mean whether this is allowed or not, the answer is yes, of course it's allowed. Otherwise it wouldn't be here and posted by a moderator.

It is normal that a "Your domain is not pointing..." error keeps popping when you login to your master domain panel in YH after using this method. Right?

Let the world know what you are capable of...
[Make today so awesome that yesterday gets jealous]

ddeveloper wrote:

It is normal that a "Your domain is not pointing..." error keeps popping when you login to your master domain panel in YH after using this method. Right?

Yes, this "error" does indeed show up. However, this "error" only says "the website hosted on our servers is not visible to the internet". But this is no problem at all if the website is not hosted here.

I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.

Thank you Hans, I have not run into any issues yet, except maybe 3 minutes of down time for my site earlier today(2/3/14). Now my VPS just got approved I am hosting my main site on that VPS using the steps described here. It is perfect, now uptime robot will monitor it, If there is any expected down time here, in addition to making it an important announcement in my clients control area, I can make a ticker on my main site saying it without worrying that my site wont be available at that moment. It is perfection at its finest

"The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred."
Soichiro Honda
"Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure."
Soichiro Honda

Great Hans!

This solves the problem of getting an error during wordpress update.

The wordpress version that comes with Youhosting default installation is outdated.

When i was trying to update it (automatically and manually), I always got error message on halfway process.

Now I installed my wordpress at other server, pointing my Youhosting account, and voilla.... problem solved.

I can use latest version of wordpress and still got nameserver on behalf of my domain.

Superb Job Hans! You made my day..

alphaweb wrote:

Great Hans!

This solves the problem of getting an error during wordpress update.

The wordpress version that comes with Youhosting default installation is outdated.

When i was trying to update it (automatically and manually), I always got error message on halfway process.

Now I installed my wordpress at other server, pointing my Youhosting account, and voilla.... problem solved.

I can use latest version of wordpress and still got nameserver on behalf of my domain.

Superb Job Hans! You made my day..

Wordpress show error in free reseller account not VIP/SVIP.So try to become VIP.

I am a student of all people of the world.
Need a free short subdomain and Link shortener just visit h4a.in | Stop redirect | Shagor5.net

@ <- Nightmare ^_^

cpanel.domain.com
webmail.domain.com
phpmyadmin.domain.com
builder.domain.com

How do we protect above mentioned panels or IPs from ddos attacks?

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."
~ Albert Einstein

linda wrote:

@ <- Nightmare ^_^

cpanel.domain.com
webmail.domain.com
phpmyadmin.domain.com
builder.domain.com

How do we protect above mentioned panels or IPs from ddos attacks?

Do you get many attacks?

87 (edited by linda 2014-08-18 09:37:32)

@Hans, daily 3 or 8 brief hiccups on service panels

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."
~ Albert Einstein

linda wrote:

@Hans, daily 3 or 8 brief hiccups on service panels

How do you detect those "hiccups" and how do you know they are due to DDoS attacks?

Do I need to leave any files on Youhosting servers ? or no?

just trying to make Youhosting a better place, A place it was in 2012.

inhsandlifting wrote:

Do I need to leave any files on Youhosting servers ? or no?

No.

ok thanks!!

I did this for A2Hosting and it worked on shared hosting but once I moved to a different shared histing the site went down, even tho i followed everything you said... HELP PLEASE

inhsandlifting wrote:

I did this for A2Hosting and it worked on shared hosting but once I moved to a different shared histing the site went down, even tho i followed everything you said... HELP PLEASE

How do you expect us to diagnose anything if you don't say what you did and which domain you did it on?

Hans wrote:
inhsandlifting wrote:

How do you expect us to diagnose anything if you don't say what you did and which domain you did it on?

He is referring to: http://www.reehost.com/ I believe. But the domain is up and running for everyone else at the forum except him. Which means there is a problem at his end, not the web hosting companies or his DNS configuration.

PM me if you need help! Would LOVE to help! | Not a moderator, really want to be wink | YH is AWESOME!

This is one topic I was looking for. Thank's Hans.

If we contact support, do they help us move the files on the server to another server? It is hard for me to do it because I have to reinstall all the programs so they can fit the new databases and such. Can they help?

u wot m8?
New Forum!

makanenzo10 wrote:

If we contact support, do they help us move the files on the server to another server? It is hard for me to do it because I have to reinstall all the programs so they can fit the new databases and such. Can they help?

It would be one of the first companies to provide support for customers who are leaving them. YouHosting is super cheap reseller hosting (please don't start a discussion about whether YouHosting is actually cheap, they are an entry level product, which is what's important) meaning you should know about hosting and know how to migrate sites. Besides, YouHosting doesn't support backup formats from popular control panels.

Just use the Backups section to quickly download files and databases and restore those manually.

Tnx Hans was having much problems on my old server

I set up master domain to another hosting, but I see the every day picture it is not random anymore.

Post's attachments

Снимок.JPG 52.68 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hello, on ”cPanel - Advanced - DNS Zone Editor” I ”Update” IP ”Source” for ”@ 14400 IN A” http://i10.pixs.ru:/storage/6/7/7/1JPG_ … 234677.jpg, but on ”Home” I view ”Your domain is not pointing to our nameservers at the moment, so services such as FTP, File Manager, E-mail (and others) will not work correctly. You can find our nameservers at the "Accounts -> Details" section. Please mind that DNS might take up to 24 hours to propagate when the change is submitted.” http://i10.pixs.ru:/storage/6/7/8/2JPG_ … 234678.jpg, it is possible to resolve that error? Thank you.