Re: [TUTORIAL] Host your main site on a different server

100free, do you have only 1 master domain?

Donn wrote:

Well guys, can someone please suggest me a better cheap hosting for my main account? Its More than 14 hours and i get the message cpu Limit exceeded. Boring

NoSupportLinuxHosting.com? They are really cheap ($1/month) and are generally considered quite good.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Why should you use another hosting? If you think youhosting is not a good reseller, take another. Otherwise it is cheating customers.

michaelwijnands wrote:

Why should you use another hosting? If you think youhosting is not a good reseller, take another. Otherwise it is cheating customers.

You have a great point in there. I do agree to a certain degree with you.

Cam Shots - Showcase of professional photographers and videographers.
Free Open Articles - Get unique articles updated daily.
Mobile Shots - A site for your unique mobile shots.

michaelwijnands wrote:

I provide free hosting. Am I "cheating" when I get a better server so my clients can always access my site and all it's functions reliably and fast? I would like you to name one respectable free hosting company who hosts their own site on the same server as their free clients. You won't find any. Any time my site is down, I'm losing customers. Every time the server is slow, a client might decide he doesn't want to wait. I want guarantees, and I pay for them. Does my client want the same guarantees? I provide some great premium hosting, but guarantees cost money.

I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.

Totally agree with Mr. Hans .

What if our clients see any error eg. IP connection or CPU limit exceed. What will they thought that hosting providers own site is getting error then how can they provide a good hosting service.

A hoster main aim should be that his/her site would be always accessible to clients.
And Cpanel never get suspended so being always available means always providing a reliable service.

So there is no cheating to host your site at different place.

For any kinda help and support feel free to PM me

That is really awesome tutorial given by you hans Super like for this

A Full Passionate Boy -

Hans wrote:

I don't use the DirectAdmin host for my own site. I have bought a cheap dedicated server from OVH (the cheapest server on this page) and I LOVE IT (I'm hosting all my own sites on it). But since the budget for many people on this forum is quite limited, I'm giving everyone a free alternative as well. I do add that I have been tracking the uptime of the DirectAdmin server and I'm not disappointed.

Hey Hans, which server control panel do you use? I'm setting up my new VPS (w/1GB ram, 10GB SSD and unlimited bandwidth) and just installed Kloxo control panel, but the experience is terrible. Can you give me recommendations (paid panels are OK). Otherwise, I'll just setup Virtualhosts on Apache without installing any control panel.

Forum resources: Rules | FAQ | ISP Issues | Free VIP | Language Packs | API | Themes

Harry wrote:

Hey Hans, which server control panel do you use? I'm setting up my new VPS (w/1GB ram, 10GB SSD and unlimited bandwidth) and just installed Kloxo control panel, but the experience is terrible. Can you give me recommendations (paid panels are OK). Otherwise, I'll just setup Virtualhosts on Apache without installing any control panel.

With those specs, I would recommend my personal favorite: Virtualmin. Virtualmin is an addon to the popular server management panel Webmin, and adds a similar interface for managing virtual hosts. The interface can be a bit confusing, but it's very flexible once you learn it's functions. And more importantly, it is very secure and reliable (contrary to most free panels).

Hans wrote:
Harry wrote:

With those specs, I would recommend my personal favorite: Virtualmin. Virtualmin is an addon to the popular server management panel Webmin, and adds a similar interface for managing virtual hosts. The interface can be a bit confusing, but it's very flexible once you learn it's functions. And more importantly, it is very secure and reliable (contrary to most free panels).

Have you ever tried zPanel(not cPanel), it's free and has a fresh interface( I haven't installed it yet)?

Forum resources: Rules | FAQ | ISP Issues | Free VIP | Language Packs | API | Themes

Harry wrote:

Have you ever tried zPanel(not cPanel), it's free and has a fresh interface( I haven't installed it yet)?

I have used it, I have even developed a few basic modules for it. However, the interface is pretty, but it's buggy, insecure and lacks some advanced features.

62 (edited by iHOST! 2013-06-14 09:00:21)

It simply doesn't work for me. I have changed my website's main IP adress in the DNS Zone Editor to my better web host's shared IP adress.
But when I go to cPanel at my better web host to add my website to cPanel, it says:

Using nameservers with the following IPs: 173.192.183.247,31.170.164.249,64.191.115.234,31.170.163.241 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

And I did everything what you said Hans, so I can't see what the problem should be here.
Any ideas?

Post's attachments

error.png
error.png 733 b, 3 downloads since 2013-06-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

63 (edited by jesse 2013-07-04 08:33:31)

If you added your shared ip from your cPanel web host to your YH DNS Zone editor, than it would use DNS servers.

Are you sure you copied the IP to the correct line of the DNS Zone in YH? Should be the very first one listed.

If so, do it again. Wait 10 minutes (for the updates to go through) and than create a addon domain in your cPanel on your new web host.

If that fails, contact your host to add it for you.

IHOST! wrote:

It simply doesn't work for me. I have changed my website's main IP adress in the DNS Zone Editor to my better web host's shared IP adress.
But when I go to cPanel at my better web host to add my website to cPanel, it says:

Using nameservers with the following IPs: 173.192.183.247,31.170.164.249,64.191.115.234,31.170.163.241 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

And I did everything what you said Hans, so I can't see what the problem should be here.
Any ideas?

sorry, but I do not completely get the step 2; which is the section I would need to change for the new IP 37.153.88.111:

86400    IN                Update Delete
    14400    IN                Update Delete
?
Thanks!

You need to change the A record for source @. I will update the article as well for the new DNS Zone Editor.

Thanks!
On the other hand, do I have to point my master domain to Youhosting's DNS?

Villalba Segarra wrote:

Thanks!
On the other hand, do I have to point my master domain to Youhosting's DNS?

You don't have to, you can use third party DNS providers as well (such as Cloudflare). But make sure you copy all records in the DNS Zone Editor manually and correctly, and only edit the records from which you know what they do and know you want to change them.

I have changed my DNS to my own server's, and put that IP in the A record, however, when I go to cpanel.uneserver.com, it appears a cpanel control panel, and not youhosting's

Villalba Segarra wrote:

I have changed my DNS to my own server's, and put that IP in the A record, however, when I go to cpanel.uneserver.com, it appears a cpanel control panel, and not youhosting's

So are you using your own nameservers or YouHosting's nameservers? From here it looks like you are using YouHosting's nameservers, which have been set up properly.

Hello,
Yes, now I have Youhosting's nameservers and I am pointing to my other server in the A record, however, when you go to my site's cpanel, at cpanel.uneserver.com it appears my other server's cpanel and not Youhosting's.
What can I do?

Change the A record of cpanel.yourdomain.com. to 31.170.167.5

Villalba Segarra wrote:

Hello,
Yes, now I have Youhosting's nameservers and I am pointing to my other server in the A record, however, when you go to my site's cpanel, at cpanel.uneserver.com it appears my other server's cpanel and not Youhosting's.
What can I do?

Not for me.
http://i.imgur.com/RuXVwXr.jpg

graeat!
thank you!! smile
probably fault of DNS propagation tongue

Thank you very much Hans! I was actually about to ask on the forum today on how to do that! Great thing you answered it, I was just going to use a html file and redirect to my VPS, but that isn't a very smart idea. big_smile *CHEERS*

Donate to me by BitCoin: 1P8D9SB4D658wcfzyfEkjSD242Bbn3zNQZ | I am giving away VPSes at around $10 per year. It's legit. PM me for more info.

Great! Thanks for this, now I can get my site closer to my clients.. smile