Topic: Improvements for Apache and Error 404 traffic

We have finished patching Apache with our custom module and now server is much more secure and close to the original cPanel.

That means each user has it's own directives in httpd.conf, has full (not virtual like before) document root, is no longer needed to add "RewriteBase /" to .htaccess files! SEF urls will start working even without any modifications to .htaccess (which is good for newbies).

Additionally we have improved how 404 error page requests are processed. Now you can type www.any-domain-hosted.com/blablabla (or any other random URL) and you will be redirected to resellers' set error page. It was a long awaited request by our re sellers and now everyone can enjoy upto 20% higher error page traffic.

So we can now officially call this article as discounted:
http://www.youhosting.com/en/kb/404-err … ot-working
And you can shorten article "Do you support search engine friendly URLs ?" to one word - "Yes." smile

YouHosting - A new Generation of Reseller Hosting!
Check out Knowledge Base, get status updates on @YouhostingLive and check our Blog.
http://www.youhosting.com

Re: Improvements for Apache and Error 404 traffic

Thanks. Love YH!

(Almost) Free cPanel Reseller hosting:

http://goo.gl/VWzhSC for only $1.99/mo.

admin how about to redirect the canceled websites traffic too ?
if you cant do it for websites that canceled for abuse why not for websites that canceled for inactivity or other reasons ?

Thanks, nice work and keep it up LOVE YH.

That's really great...

MeraHost - SSD Web Hosting Since 2012
Hostinglogy - The Web Hosting Forum
New Forum!

The redirection really - really working now. Thanks

good improvement's...

More than 10 years of experience in hosting  
cPanel® L2-Professional Certificated
The only real reseller hosting ResellersPanel.com, do not waste your time with Youhosting
New Forum!

admin wrote:

Additionally we have improved how 404 error page requests are processed. Now you can type www.any-domain-hosted.com/blablabla (or any other random URL) and you will be redirected to resellers' set error page. It was a long awaited request by our re sellers and now everyone can enjoy upto 20% higher error page traffic.

This is absolutely amazing news! That last sentence is both promising and disturbing: More traffic potentially means more signups (yay!) but it might get our master domains on their knees as well (boo!). But I suppose that's our problem now (yay!) (I may get a VPS to handle error page traffic should it be necessary, I only need a way to load header and footer content from my main site without knocking it out).

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

and with this, we can really get a lot of earnings if we place some adsense ads in the error404 page, since there will be a lot of people always go to those non-existence pages

10 (edited by FWHGroup 2012-11-07 08:52:55)

Great news admin.
I have been waiting for "total" 404 redirection for a long time smile

FWHGroup stats: Active accounts: 41974 | New accounts per day: 280
(Updated: 21/02/13)

ace wrote:

admin how about to redirect the canceled websites traffic too ?
if you cant do it for websites that canceled for abuse why not for websites that canceled for inactivity or other reasons ?

canceled accounts also gets DNS zone deleted, loose A record, and become non existent on internet in 12-24 hours, so they cannot redirect to error pages.

Check out Knowledge Base, get status updates on @YouhostingLive and check our Blog.

What about for *.domain.tld? What about suspended accounts? I always used to have a custom, styled 404 page (on cPanel servers) matching my main domain with links to other pages on my site. More signups for me and feels more integrated.

XPEric wrote:

What about for *.domain.tld? What about suspended accounts? I always used to have a custom, styled 404 page (on cPanel servers) matching my main domain with links to other pages on my site. More signups for me and feels more integrated.

I am interested to know about this as well.
Often, when some of my free users which was removed, they still have some traffics back to its sub domain, and for that, I really wanted these traffic to go to the error404 page.

Thank you youhosting team smile
Now our host is nearly full white labled! I also wanted to get rid of that redirect main-hosting

yay thnx admin for the great news

yeah.. thank u i like this big_smile great news..

visit; www.kelantan.co.vu for free web hosting.

I was waiting for these features! Keep pushing YH, i really like error page corrections!

Admin, Thanks for these improvements.

Cam Shots - Showcase of professional photographers and videographers.
Free Open Articles - Get unique articles updated daily.
Mobile Shots - A site for your unique mobile shots.

This is nice @admin, i was using ErrorDocument before.

Register unlimited .tk domain at www.domain4share.tk  enjoy free hosting at www.fphost.tk check my profile at www.babamodder.tk

babamodder wrote:

This is nice @admin, i was using ErrorDocument before.

Ehh, that's completely unrelated. The 404 update Admin posted is about your whole hosting company. ErrorDocument is used to specify 404 pages for a single domain or account.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

I couldn't believe it when I experienced it this morning. It's amazing. At least it's better than the main-hosting redirection.
Thanks admin. Another step towards white "complete" white label system.

Hehe, 404 redirects still don't work for me. smile

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram

Feel free to contact with me by Private Message or by mail kontakt.artix@gmail.com. I am the SuperVIP user, maybe I can help.

Its really amazing smile I like this work smile

Yeah bcoz it was redirectig to main hosting site error

A Full Passionate Boy -

Arthur wrote:

Hehe, 404 redirects still don't work for me. smile

Any example?

@admin
Just go to e.x. http://hpbf.pl/asdfasdf.html - redirects are not woring, even I set my own redirect pages. When somebody post any false address with .hpbf.pl, he won't be redirected, too.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram

Feel free to contact with me by Private Message or by mail kontakt.artix@gmail.com. I am the SuperVIP user, maybe I can help.