Topic: Show Your Website Rules

All sites posted in the Show Your Website section should be finished and fully working. If a topic is posted with a site which is not finished, the topic will be deleted (and all posts which were in it). Also, any sites made using the Install Main Website feature will be deleted as well, because they are too standard (and not in a good way).

Also, this section is originally meant for YouHosting reseller sites but most of us like to see creative works regardless of their purpose. This means you can post your blog, business card or other site here as well but only within reason. If you post a lot of sites consecutively or are just a new member, your topics may be deleted.

This section is for showing your website and ask others to comment on what do you think about this website and not for marketing/advertising.

I have been seeing an influx of horrible looking sites hosted on free domains. These are now banned. That simple.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

2 (edited by RanJan 2012-10-07 11:30:47)

Re: Show Your Website Rules

Dear Hans,

It's a very good idea to keep this forum clean and make only valuable post,those makes the forum more successfull...

But,I wanna say that Web design is such a work,that never complete

all our sites are under construction,and we are tring to make it complete ...

Even youhosting.com is not complete yet...!

Isn't it...??

MeraHost - SSD Web Hosting Since 2012
Hostinglogy - The Web Hosting Forum
New Forum!

Ranjan wrote:

Dear Hans,

It's a very good idea to keep this forum clean and make only valuable post,those makes the forum more successfull...

But,I wanna say that Web design is such a work,that never complete

all our sites are under construction,and we are tring to make it complete ...

Even youhosting.com is not complete yet...!

Isn't it...??

He means sites that aren't even remotely close to completion. Ones where 75% of the links don't work, some pages are blank, etc.

XPEric wrote:

He means sites that aren't even remotely close to completion. Ones where 75% of the links don't work, some pages are blank, etc.

True, a website is never "done". But it should at lease be "releasable". It should be a website where all pages are showing their correct content and most systems work like they should. I just want to outlaw the sites which are nothing more than a quick template on a server, with sample text and broken links and the like.

I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.

I know I'm pretty new here but to be honest, I have to agree with this rule.
There is a big difference between showcasing your new website (that you will continue to tweak and improve) that is ready for the public to see and throwing up a half complete attempt and asking people what to do next.

Maybe another forum section is needed for 'website discussion and development help' to try and keep things separate ?

Looking for a Free iPhone 5 ?

I used the Install Main Website feature but then I changed the design a lot!

mogfix wrote:

Let's put it this way: If you can tell it's from the "Install my Website" tool, it's not allowed.

8 (edited by moginn 2012-10-09 05:47:22)

XPEric wrote:
mogfix wrote:

Let's put it this way: If you can tell it's from the "Install my Website" tool, it's not allowed.

but I made so many changes that it doesn't look anything like before! Moreover, I am waiting for the new version of Yii framework (http://yiiframework.com/) to appear to put it on my site

I think that what should be deleted here is the "Install my website" tool, so that nobody can build the website with it

Hans wrote:

All sites posted in the Show Your Website section should be finished and fully working. If a topic is posted with a site which is not finished, the topic will be deleted (and all posts which were in it). Also, any sites made using the Install Main Website feature will be deleted as well, because they are too standard (and not in a good way).

I, or any moderator, may add more rules to this (esp. regarding advertising), but this is the only category-specific rule at the moment.

This is a very good thinking. Some people submit in complete sites ask for reviews..

mogfix wrote:

but I made so many changes that it doesn't look anything like before! Moreover, I am waiting for the new version of Yii framework (http://yiiframework.com/) to appear to put it on my site

I think that what should be deleted here is the "Install my website" tool, so that nobody can build the website with it

Yes, but you made changes! Most people who use that tool just throw up a page, and some don't even add a signup form! That is what we mean by "no install your website tool."

11 (edited by moginn 2012-10-09 06:16:58)

XPEric wrote:
mogfix wrote:

Yes, but you made changes! Most people who use that tool just throw up a page, and some don't even add a signup form! That is what we mean by "no install your website tool."

Hans said that sites made with that tool "are too standard". If you have a look at my site you will see that it is not so standard, so calm down man. Therefore if they want to delete my site,  they should tell me first so that I have time to take another template. I told that I am waiting for the new version of Yii framework to appear.  I'll change as soon as it comes up

mogfix wrote:

Hans said that sites made with that tool "are too standard". If you have a look at my site you will see that it is not so standard, so calm down man. Therefore if they want to delete my site,  they should tell me first so that I have time to take another template. I told that I am waiting for the new version of Yii framework to appear.  I'll change as soon as it comes up

LOL! No one is going to remove your site! xD

When he said "remove it", he meant the topic, not the site.

XPEric wrote:

LOL! No one is going to remove your site! xD

When he said "remove it", he meant the topic, not the site.

Of course. My powers don't go beyond this forum. But if someone has a standard, ugly website, we don't need to see that on the forums.

I have been seeing an influx of horrible looking sites hosted on free domains. These are now banned. That simple.

Wow, that is good

[modremoved]

Eric wrote:

Horrible looking sites on paid domains are still cool though, right ? jk.

But Good on ya, when you can get domains for near enough free but still a "proper TLD" I cant see why anyone would risk their clients sites on a free .tk / .ml ETC - obviously, still register those domains n park em for "brand protection" but get a proper TLD.

If somebody wants a free domain as a client then its up to them.  After finding such an amazing deal (which ACTUALLY COSTS LESS than the registrars charge the domain name providers to register) - Im considering stopping .tk's etc and adding the ban on clients too... if you cant afford £1/year (less than a penny a day!) you cant afford a website.

I might add i've taken the opportunity to expand my domain name portfolio up to about 30 domains now tongue.

Wow, that's a great news.

MeraHost - SSD Web Hosting Since 2012
Hostinglogy - The Web Hosting Forum
New Forum!

Good news smile

A Free & Professional web hosting company

19 (edited by misharnet 2013-08-04 23:37:48)

Good, good, news.
And by the way. If People need help about designing their sites, they should be free and ask for help, tips. It is not a shame to ask. It is much, much better then to launch such sites.

I already said in one of my recent posts. It is better to have 10-15 almost same looking sites, but professionally designed, then to have a terrible "unique" designed all around.

Connect to the People!

w00t!

Do you mean free domain as master domains or client accounts?

Well, it seems like the free domains still works. I'm not sure I understand you fully.

IHOST! wrote:

Well, it seems like the free domains still works. I'm not sure I understand you fully.

Yes, they can be used on YouHosting, but topics on this forum with free domains will be deleted.

Hans wrote:
IHOST! wrote:

Yes, they can be used on YouHosting, but topics on this forum with free domains will be deleted.

Not good enough, they should be ban 100% in YH even for reseller and low cost clients

[modremoved]

coolsix wrote:
Hans wrote:
IHOST! wrote:

Not good enough, they should be ban 100% in YH even for reseller and low cost clients

wooow that  will be nice

rock and roll yikes