1 (edited by Hans 2012-11-09 08:36:27)

Topic: Forum Rules v2

http://i.imgur.com/C8Ql3.png
This is a beta for the new forum rules! Please comment!
These are the forum rules for the YouHosting forums. Every user on the forums is expected to follow these rules. Note that these rules are flexible and may change from time to time. If you have any questions or doubt, ask a Moderator.

Meet the Mods
These are the people who help keep the forum happy and clean (in order of becoming moderator):

Admin
Admin is the CEO of YouHosting and the highest ranking member on the forums. He occasionally visits the forum to post changelogs and respond to important topics. But Admin is an important and busy man, so don't contact him directly.

Jordan
Jordan was the first moderator of this forum and was the first to create these rules. He is still a respected moderator but he hasn't been able to visit the forums recently.

Hans (previously i7Grendel)
Hans is the second moderator of this forum. This Dutch guy tries to be online at least once per day. You can contact him via PM regarding moderating issues, support request are generally ignored.

Arthur (previously Hpbf)
Arthur is the third moderator of this forum. If you are Polish, he can help you immediately in your native language, in other way he will try to help you in English. He is on forum everyday and you can contact with him by PM or wait for his response in your topic.

Tavoid
Tavoid is the fourth moderator on this forum. He tries to be online in the forums everyday, he speaks english and spanish. If you need help regarding forum issues or just want to ask him something about anything, feel free to PM him.

Use of Language

• English! Do you speak it!: This is a forum in the English language, so write your post in English. Even if you (for example) are Spanish and talk to another Spanish member, you should add an English version of your message to your post.

• No bad language: Swearing, profanity and curse words are not tolerated.

• No Discrimitation/Racism/Sexism: This should be self explantory.

• Be Kind: Being rude to one another is not going to get you anywhere within the forum.

Spam

• No excessive posting: Most people will find it hard to believe that you actually have something important to contribute to a topic if you post all over the place.

• No double posting: Don't make a post right after your previous post in the same topic. Edit your previous post instead to add it.

• No off topic posts: Only post things relevant to the topic.

• No cross posting: Don't post the same issue in multiple topics and/or forum categories.

• No thread highjacking: For example, if a user is posting his service, you can not make a comment under their thread linking to your services. If you want to advertise your own services, make your own thread.

• No bumping/necro-posting: Don't reply to topics which haven't been replied to in a while. The exact time can differ per topic, but don't post in a topic which hasn't been replied to for two weeks.

• No plagiarism: Don't copy tutorials, articles and files from other websites when you can simply put a link to it.

• No excessive quoting: Only quote when necessary. Always quoting will create a post which is very long for no reason. You could use something like "@username" to reply to someone instead of quoting their post.

Useless Topics

• Don't give information which most people already know: Really, YouHosting users know what web hosting and HTML is.

• Don't post useless questions: Don't ask questions which have been answered in the forums (search the forums!), the Knowledge Base or the FAQ. Don't ask questions which can easily be answered by Googling or searching Wikipedia either.

• Don't ask "Why is country *** blocked?": YouHosting has their reasons to block countries. You can either upgrade to VIP or SVIP which removes such restrictions or you can leave. Or you can simply accept that not much is free in this world.

Elaborate

• Use clear topic titles: Your title should make clear what the topic is about so don't use titles like "please help me" but use titles like "help setting up nameservers".

• Describe your problem: Don't just say "why doesn't it work", say "X doesn't work because I see Y and I've already tried Z". The more we know, the easier we can help you.

• Don't make short replies: Don't say "good design" but "I like your design because...". Also don't make replies like "Thank you" or "I like it"

Illegal Content

• Adult Content: Adult content is not allowed. Period.

• Hacking, warez, phishing: You are not allowed to link to hacking, warez and phishing sites.

• Piracy: You are not allowed to host, link to or market pirated software or content.

In case of violation

• Report the post: Each post has a Report button in the bottom right corner (the exclamation mark). Use that to report the post. Don't reply saying they violated the rules, because that is an off topic post (and that's not allowed).

• Three Strikes: We typically use a three strikes system. First violation means a warning via PM (followed up by an email warning if you don't reply). After the second violation you will be banned from the forums for one week. After the third violation you are banned from the forums permanently. Your IP and email address will be banned as well.

• No Duplicate Accounts: You are not allowed to create multiple accounts on the YouHosting forum, whatever the reason. Once you have been banned, don't create a new account. If we discover multiple accounts of the same person, the account will be banned.

Thank you for reading these rules. Again, if you have any questions regarding the forum rules ask a moderator. Enjoy your time on the YouHosting Forum!

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Re: Forum Rules v2

One post scriptum to last term: YOUR IP WILL BE BANNED TO, SO YOU WON'T CREATE NEW ACCOUNT ON THE SAME COMPUTER. If you had got tempban for big violations, all accounts created by you will be deleted and banned, too.

And one more - Don't copy preview post, just paste user's name that you want to write.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram

Feel free to contact with me by Private Message or by mail kontakt.artix@gmail.com. I am the SuperVIP user, maybe I can help.

Arthur wrote:

One post scriptum to last term: YOUR IP WILL BE BANNED TO, SO YOU WON'T CREATE NEW ACCOUNT ON THE SAME COMPUTER. If you had got tempban for big violations, all accounts created by you will be deleted and banned, too.

Good call. Added.

Arthur wrote:

And one more - Don't copy preview post, just paste user's name that you want to write.

I don't understand exactly what you are trying to say, but I have added a rule about excessive quoting (under spam) which I think covers your point.

I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.

4 (edited by KnownSyntax 2012-09-16 13:22:24)

Why are the forum rules "beta"? Just make a set of rules that everyone can fully understand, if they don't then they don't need to post here. Simple as that.
Also most of your rules don't have specific details, such as your necro-posting one. What is the definition of "hasn't been replied to in awhile"? Days, weeks, months, a year, what? Try to be more specific on what your saying since the "obvious questions" and "useless question" rules are opinion based, since for someone their questions might not be useless and just telling users to Google an answer can give them irrelevant information or a mix and match of some information. Your "No excessive quoting" rule is actually backwards, quoting other posts you are going to talk about will be shorter then just saying @username [quote here], you should try to make users aware that they can place more then one quote per reply and your issue will be solved.

Arthur wrote:

One post scriptum to last term: YOUR IP WILL BE BANNED TO, SO YOU WON'T CREATE NEW ACCOUNT ON THE SAME COMPUTER.

That's 100% incorrect, even with someone who has a static IP address since they are given 2 anyways. All you'd need to do is reset your router normally. IP's have nothing to do with a computer, it's all about the modem/router and ISP. I'm sorry but try "scaring" other users another way since using things that aren't true to scare them away is just wrong, or the fact that you have no knowledge of what it actually is.

FreshAquaria - Freshwater Discussion and Knowledgebase

Known wrote:

Why are the forum rules "beta"?

So people like you can give suggestions to improve it. Until these forum rules are "released", the old ones still apply.

Known wrote:

What is the definition of "hasn't been replied to in awhile"? Days, weeks, months, a year, what?

That's because it differs per case. But I have added an exact timespan now.

Known wrote:

Try to be more specific on what your saying since the "obvious questions" and "useless question" rules are opinion based, since for someone their questions might not be useless and just telling users to Google an answer can give them irrelevant information or a mix and match of some information.

I rewrote the "Obvious" information line now.

Also, the useless questions rule wasn't specifically aimed at Google, but more at the KB, FAQ and previous topics (I switched the lines around now). I have seen dozens of topics about the same issue (like setting up nameservers (especially with Dot TK)), which is a nuisance which is why it is outlawed. And if Google doesn't give a clear answer, the rule doesn't apply because the cannot simply be answered by searching the web.

Known wrote:

Your "No excessive quoting" rule is actually backwards, quoting other posts you are going to talk about will be shorter then just saying @username [quote here], you should try to make users aware that they can place more then one quote per reply and your issue will be solved.

Then you misunderstood the rule (which is why I changed it). You are supposed to say @username [REPLY here], which is why it's shorter than quoting. And being able to make multiple quotes in one post should be obvious and is covered by the "no double posting rule"

Known wrote:
Arthur wrote:

One post scriptum to last term: YOUR IP WILL BE BANNED TO, SO YOU WON'T CREATE NEW ACCOUNT ON THE SAME COMPUTER.

That's 100% incorrect, even with someone who has a static IP address since they are given 2 anyways. All you'd need to do is reset your router normally. IP's have nothing to do with a computer, it's all about the modem/router and ISP. I'm sorry but try "scaring" other users another way since using things that aren't true to scare them away is just wrong, or the fact that you have no knowledge of what it actually is.

You are right and I knew that. And I bet Arthur does as well. I underestimated the knowledge of the average forum member so I've changed that.

Well, thank you for your contribution.

6 (edited by e.support 2012-09-17 02:55:41)

why names or usernames for moderator's in the forum rules and  part "Meet the Mods"
this is part may be  for a special topic but i think not for forum rules...,enough is moderators  their  roles and  rights without explaining who they are specifically......especially as the moderator's will be more as time passes...

for example, why not add in addition to FAQ sections(in part Don't post useless questions:)that you've done and my Known Account Restrictions to forum users easy find answers/solution(if/when read forum rules) for problems...or some similar useful topic from other users...
Frankly I have a feeling that the are ignore and  lack of confidence in hard work of other user on the forum...(but that's is just my feeling)

More than 12 years of experience in hosting  
cPanel® -Professional Certificated
The only real reseller hosting is ResellersPanel.com , do not waste your time with Youhosting!

Add credit link if you copyed from somewhere else.
(it will stop stealing and help you sharing.)

this is my sign. -debjit

debjit wrote:

Add credit link if you copyed from somewhere else.
(it will stop stealing and help you sharing.)

I already added that under No Plagiarism.

You should add "Creating a new account to avoid ban" as well.

10 (edited by Eric 2012-10-06 21:46:19)

One more thing, I know I saw a rule somewhere about posting unfinished sites in the "Show Your Website" section, so could you add it here? I really can't stand it when people post links to sites that aren't even remotely close to completion (75% of the links are broken/pointed to the wrong page, content is missing, etc.)

Can I add to this:

Be Kind: Being rude to one another is not going to get you anywhere within the forum. Even if you are an experienced webmaster, treat those on this forum with respect. Newb bashing is not tolerated on this forum.

big_smile

sam wrote:

Can I add to this:

Be Kind: Being rude to one another is not going to get you anywhere within the forum. Even if you are an experienced webmaster, treat those on this forum with respect. Newb bashing is not tolerated on this forum.

big_smile

This rule is already present. It is the last rule under the Use of Language section.

XPEric wrote:

One more thing, I know I saw a rule somewhere about posting unfinished sites in the "Show Your Website" section, so could you add it here? I really can't stand it when people post links to sites that aren't even remotely close to completion (75% of the links are broken/pointed to the wrong page, content is missing, etc.)

That's a good idea, so I've made a topic in the Show Your Website section dedicated to rules for that section.

These additional rules should have been in the previous forum because many people may get confuse with the repeatition of same rules.

Register unlimited .tk domain at www.domain4share.tk  enjoy free hosting at www.fphost.tk check my profile at www.babamodder.tk

Hans wrote:

Three Strikes: We typically use a three strikes system. First violation means a warning via PM (followed up by an email warning if you don't reply). After the second violation you will be banned from the forums for one week. After the third violation you are banned from the forums permanently. Your IP and email address will be banned as well.

Make this more relaxed but effective.
After second violation, ban for a week.
After third violation, ban for a month.
After this ban the user including the hosting account (main hosting domain) - not just the user account in the forum.

I don't think banning the IP is a smart move. There are VPN, proxies using which a user can connect to the forum.

Cam Shots - Showcase of professional photographers and videographers.
Free Open Articles - Get unique articles updated daily.
Mobile Shots - A site for your unique mobile shots.

Oh my god... We aren't in YouHosting Staff, we are just a forum Moderators and we DON'T HAVE access to YouHosting/Hostinger Admin Panel, we can only ban at forum.

Feel free to contact with me by Private Message or by mail kontakt.artix@gmail.com. I am the SuperVIP user, maybe I can help.

Arthur wrote:

Oh my god... We aren't in YouHosting Staff, we are just a forum Moderators and we DON'T HAVE access to YouHosting/Hostinger Admin Panel, we can only ban at forum.

If you don't have access to admin panel, do forward the cases (user accounts which are to be banned) to the YH staff.

Cam Shots - Showcase of professional photographers and videographers.
Free Open Articles - Get unique articles updated daily.
Mobile Shots - A site for your unique mobile shots.

And wait a week, or more for reaction of them? I don't think that it is good suggestion.

I really appreciate all the moderators of this site for your good work.
I see yh as the best in future.

Register unlimited .tk domain at www.domain4share.tk  enjoy free hosting at www.fphost.tk check my profile at www.babamodder.tk

I added a rule:  Don't ask "Why is country *** blocked?"

This question gets asked a lot and there simply is no answer for it. And like the rule says: if you don't like it, leave.

20 (edited by e.support 2012-11-09 08:54:33)

you like because your country is not blocked...
whether to expect the same rule( if you don't like it, leave) to insert for other limits, or only for this unimportant for you..

Hans wrote:

This question gets asked a lot and there simply is no answer for it. And like the rule says: if you don't like it, leave.

The only real reseller hosting is ResellersPanel.com , do not waste your time with Youhosting!

e.support wrote:

Hans wrote:

I don't think it affects anyone who's countries not blocked.

This kind of blacklist are normal for most companies - it's called risk management.
Some companies even requires the blacklisted client to deposit some money before they can sign up for a service.

I would know as i'm currently working for a huge local MNC that provides mobile/broadband/TV service.

Please read YouHosting Community FAQ first.
Post your questions in detail so that others can better understand and help you with it.

22 (edited by e.support 2012-11-09 09:14:02)

mraz-free this is about ban on of such questions on forum
We all know that it depends on/from YH,but why ban questions on forum, there are other stupid stuff being discussed on forum and not been banned and now ban something important like is HRC questions...
what will do next,ban any other questions about other limits if it does not affect mod's.
just constant pressure and questions can give results in lifting some limits/restrictions.
we are not talking about a simple risk management,here is about something else, simply clients from  HRC are not worth much as other.

mraz-free wrote:
e.support wrote:

Hans wrote:

I don't think it affects anyone who's countries not blocked.

This kind of blacklist are normal for most companies - it's called risk management.
Some companies even requires the blacklisted client to deposit some money before they can sign up for a service.

I would know as i'm currently working for a huge local MNC that provides mobile/broadband/TV service.

e.support wrote:

mraz-free this is about ban on of such questions on forum
We all know that it depends on/from YH,but why ban questions on forum, there are other stupid stuff being discussed on forum and not been banned and now ban something important like is HRC questions...
what will do next,ban any other questions about other limits if it does not affect mod's.

At this point, there's no one who can answer that question in the forum not even by a YH staff or admin, these are confidential information which shouldn't be displayed in a public location like a forum.

Given my example above regarding companies blacklisting certain clients. The staff should in no way inform the clients for what reason they are being blacklisted.

And since we can never get an answer, why is the need for members to keep asking why?

Please read YouHosting Community FAQ first.
Post your questions in detail so that others can better understand and help you with it.

just constant pressure and questions can give results in lifting some limits/restrictions.
we are not talking about a simple risk management,here is about something else, simply clients from  HRC are not worth much as other.

mraz-free wrote:

And since we can never get an answer, why is the need for members to keep asking why?

I'm just tired of all the topics saying "Why is this country blocked!", "Why is that country blocked!", "Please don't block my country!", "What reason do you have to block that country!" and so on. Ok, it's not nice if your country is blocked. I tried to sign up to X10Hosting last week (checking out the competition smile ) only to find out the Netherlands has been blocked there. It's sad, but you can't do anything about it.

Posting such topics on a forum won't help. We can't do anything to unblock a country, nor can we give any solid explanation on why it has been blocked.

And more importantly: the only reason you get these restrictions are because you have a Free YouHosting account. And free things almost always have a catch and this is YouHosting's. And if you don't like it or don't agree, try to get your money back! Oh, wait, you DIDN'T PAY ANYTHING FOR IT.

YouHosting offers FREE RESELLER HOSTING and they even offer a FREE VIP ACCOUNT for those willing to do something for it. YouHosting offers a great opportunity at zero costs, so don't complain if it wasn't what you'd expected.