Topic: Convert PunBB to MyBB

There are free converters for MyBB which can convert PunBB. Basically all the members, forums and topics will be switched to MyBB.
I know this probably won't happen, mostly because YouHosting staff are inactive and neglected, and the servers probably won't be able to handle it.

Re: Convert PunBB to MyBB

But why should they migrate in the first place?

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Because this version of PunBB is outdated, doesn't have a lot of features and it's probably going to be hacked in the future.

What version of PunBB does this forum run, then?

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

Luigi442wii wrote:

Not sure, but it certainly doesn't run on the latest one.

Luigi442wii wrote:

1.4.2, 1.4.4 is the latest.

As for the reasons why you should migrate:

NikoCodey wrote:

Because this version of PunBB is outdated

That's a reason to upgrade, not migrate, which is a lot easier and far less error prone.

NikoCodey wrote:

doesn't have a lot of features

Which features does this forum lack, should it have, are not available through PunBB plugins and are available for MyBB.

Getting more features just for the sake of more features is pointless. You always need to check first what you actually need.

NikoCodey wrote:

and it's probably going to be hacked in the future.

A bold statement which could apply to any piece of software which isn't maintained regularly, the YouHosting platform itself being a far more likely victim.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

speaking of that, I want to mess with the control panel and replace everything with the word 'BROKEN'

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)