Topic: Non-Google SEO?

Since much of the focus is at Google, I would like to know a bit more about SEO for non-Google engines.
People DO mostly use Google but there are people who don't.

You need SEO for all to get a good traffic I guess, not just the giants.

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

Re: Non-Google SEO?

There are the Bing Webmaster tools , have not used them in a while so not sure what the difference is but Google is the leader in this one ..

I read somewhere about google's contract going off with firefox and they are going to make yahoo the default search engine on FF. If that's the case, that might be the turning point for webmasters.

Let the world know what you are capable of...
[Make today so awesome that yesterday gets jealous]

ddeveloper wrote:

I read somewhere about google's contract going off with firefox and they are going to make yahoo the default search engine on FF. If that's the case, that might be the turning point for webmasters.

Yahoo is basically Bing, currently, so using either would work exactly the same.
Anyway, I would like some SEO tips seeing as I have a new board soon, for sites other than Google. I know Google is the leader.

90% internet users depend upon GOOGLE because GOOGLE is giant of internet field so not any one can ignore GOOGLE if he/she doing internet marketing campaign for business website to getting bulk amount traffic.

elizabethsummerlin wrote:

90% internet users depend upon GOOGLE because GOOGLE is giant of internet field so not any one can ignore GOOGLE if he/she doing internet marketing campaign for business website to getting bulk amount traffic.

I know, but I like non-Google stuff too, to even out SEO stuff.
Because Bing is widely used, also... Yes, Google is definitely highest though by 500 miles. smile

elizabethsummerlin wrote:

Hope You are Aware about Baidu and Yandex. if your customer is based on China, Korea and Russia you should keep to do SEO for both Baidu and Yandex.

Apart from that yep Google have a largest User compared to Yahoo and Bing.

Yahoo also Consumes around 15% of overall users next to Google.

Luigi442wii wrote:

Because Bing is widely used, also... Yes, Google is definitely highest though by 500 miles. smile

Yep But Yahoo is 2nd most used Search Engine and Bing was third on the list around the world. We wanna optimize according to the country and  Most used Search engine on that country.

For SEO on Page is Important, on page means unique content

advent_geek wrote:
Luigi442wii wrote:

Yep But Yahoo is 2nd most used Search Engine and Bing was third on the list around the world. We wanna optimize according to the country and  Most used Search engine on that country.

For SEO on Page is Important, on page means unique content

Yahoo and Bing return the exact same search results, now.

Yep Yahoo Follows Bing, No Idea what would happen on future.  see the post

http://www.businessinsider.in/Is-Mariss … 866049.cms

advent_geek wrote:

I think the partnership lasts another 8 or 7 years, or something...

Luigi442wii wrote:
advent_geek wrote:

I think the partnership lasts another 8 or 7 years, or something...

if it is happens, then they can attract more users. xD

More over no need to optimize our webpages separately.

SEO means Search Engine Optimization, not Google Engine Optimization. Your SEO efforts should affect ranking on all engines. Anyway it seems Bing still attach more value to Exact Match Domains, and domain age. From my experience it seems harder to rank a brand new site in Bing results.

James wrote:

SEO means Search Engine Optimization, not Google Engine Optimization.

Yes, I know, but Google is the main emphasis in SEO usage, I noticed.

James wrote:

SEO means Search Engine Optimization, not Google Engine Optimization. Your SEO efforts should affect ranking on all engines. Anyway it seems Bing still attach more value to Exact Match Domains, and domain age. From my experience it seems harder to rank a brand new site in Bing results.

is Bing give more preference for exact match domains (EMD) on their SERP?

Luigi442wii wrote:
James wrote:

SEO means Search Engine Optimization, not Google Engine Optimization.

Yes, I know, but Google is the main emphasis in SEO usage, I noticed.

of course, Google occupies more than 65% on overall. 

SEO is a long and very hard process to get traffic, we should promote our business on social media also.

danielnash wrote:

SEO is a long and very hard process to get traffic, we should promote our business on social media also.

That always helps create a higher rank, if you are referenced in other sites (not by yourself).