Topic: Update scripts

A new feature you should add is update scripts, our implement softaculous scripts because the current scripts are outdated.

Re: Update scripts

YouHosting have a auto installer. They doesn't have softaculous. Softaculous are sent clients a notification if there an update available or you can tick it to automatic update.

I think he is trying to say that they should add more updated scripts. I don't think Hostinger would do that until some very later update. (which could be never)

u wot m8?
New Forum!

Autoinstaller update has been raised many times. The only scripts that work in the installer are WordPress (requires big update) and PunBB (outdated by 1 sub version, updater was deleted).
The others are all broken.

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

I think is would also be cool to be able to as the hosting provider delete and add scripts from a pre downloaded list of scripts.

rayhaggins3 wrote:

I think is would also be cool to be able to as the hosting provider delete and add scripts from a pre downloaded list of scripts.

Scripts need to be modified to make them work in an auto installer. Just uploading a ZIP just like with installing the script manually won't do it.

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

We wouldn't download them we would choose from a list that is pre-downloaded by youhosting.com for example if we don't want WordPress in the Pre-downloaded list then we could just hide it for our clients view.

Hans wrote:
rayhaggins3 wrote:

Scripts need to be modified to make them work in an auto installer. Just uploading a ZIP just like with installing the script manually won't do it.

Yes. It would need coding to run the installation process and work with the SQL info given.
Perhaps the system should work like WP plugins (download and activate, made by other users) but then it would be filled with paid content for free, so no it wouldn't work.

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)