Topic: StopForumSpam?

We should be able to toggle the StopForumSpam since not all sites are boards.

Also, it could be on stopforumspam.[yhreseller.co.uk] instead of the main-hosting.com to make it more white label...

Hosters.cc - THE NEW YOUHOSTING COMMUNITY

101Gamers (shameless back linking)

Re: StopForumSpam?

Doubt that Youhosting will do that, their changelog was not updated since 2013. However, you can implement it on your site yourself with the Stopforumspam API.

NikoCodey wrote:

Doubt that Youhosting will do that, their changelog was not updated since 2013. However, you can implement it on your site yourself with the Stopforumspam API.

There's a new update coming soon remember...

Luigi442wii wrote:
NikoCodey wrote:

There's a new update coming soon remember...

He's new to the forum. He might not have seen the updates.

It's to keep spammers out and protect the servers. And seeing how resellers aren't directly affected by too many accounts and YouHosting is, this isn't something resellers should be able to decide.

What problems do you experience?

It's quite ironic: people always complain about the servers being down often but complain as well when efforts are being made to reduce the load on the servers. People also say the solution is to add more servers, yet refuse to pay $40 per month for a virtually unlimited number of accounts (and urge others to reconsider paying too).

Join the new community at Hosters.cc
I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.
Community FAQ - Forum Rules - Host your site on an different host

Well youhosting should put a captcha request before going to the website, it's better than killing the whole server with an error message.

Now a days spammers uses proxy to restricted from StopForumSpam  IP Ban, but we may avoid spammers by using Captcha, but not like Forum captcha.

which always ask are you a human

which is best search engine and some repeated stuff. lol

NikoCodey wrote:

Well youhosting should put a captcha request before going to the website, it's better than killing the whole server with an error message.

... which is what they are doing already (if I remember correctly) with StopForumSpam as the source for the IP blacklists. Which is what Luigi442wii is trying to turn off.

I don't work for YouHosting and I'm not a ticket system for free users. Support related PM's will not be answered.

spam will always exist & the best way to stop it is the human interaction , no script can do what a man can, people from the yh community can help & members with moderation permissions can maintain the forum clean.
i'm not againt the scripts & the programatic solutions but i remember when eric one banned a rang of ip's & i couldn't connect to the forum until hans fixed the situation, just to clear things eric was annoyed by a spammer who created multiple accounts & behaved very bad on the forum.

Hans wrote:
NikoCodey wrote:

... which is what they are doing already (if I remember correctly) with StopForumSpam as the source for the IP blacklists. Which is what Luigi442wii is trying to turn off.

I'm trying to turn it off for my weblog because FORUM SPAM BLOCKERS are useless on a weblog. wink

Luigi442wii wrote:

I'm trying to turn it off for my weblog because FORUM SPAM BLOCKERS are useless on a weblog. wink

Ever heard of or seen comment spam? I have, and I've seen it crash servers. Believe me, you benefit from blocking spammers too.

Hans wrote:
Luigi442wii wrote:

Ever heard of or seen comment spam? I have, and I've seen it crash servers. Believe me, you benefit from blocking spammers too.

I have seen comment spam on blogs. But I don't see why I'd need a forum spam blocker, to block spam comments on blogs, as I already states.
I just want to disable it for my weblog and keep it for my forums.

Luigi442wii wrote:

I have seen comment spam on blogs. But I don't see why I'd need a forum spam blocker, to block spam comments on blogs, as I already states.

So what exactly is the difference between a forum spammer and a comment spammer, according to you? I think the behaviour is quite similar, only the victim software has a different label. Therefore, using a black list which is supposed to be used on forums on comment sections as well would work fine, don't you think? Or are you certain that comment spammers and forum spammers are completely different people?

Hans wrote:
Luigi442wii wrote:

So what exactly is the difference between a forum spammer and a comment spammer, according to you? I think the behaviour is quite similar, only the victim software has a different label. Therefore, using a black list which is supposed to be used on forums on comment sections as well would work fine, don't you think? Or are you certain that comment spammers and forum spammers are completely different people?

Yep, similar things, both absolute morons, and yes, some forum spammers are probably comment ones too, but can easily get around using either proxies/VPN or (real people) inserting the CAPTCHA every time until they are IP-banned.